Mortal Kombat: Legacy

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Considering the restraint on budget, this is an entertaining reboot.

I want more.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah, pretty good; I liked it. Stryker in a suit seemed weird but it's an entertaining cast. How many parts did they say this was going to be? 10? That will make a nice 120 minute movie.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Good start, but I really hope they've abandoned the whole explain everything away with plastic surgery and implants angle. A cop drama can only go so far with this material.

aria

Former Moderator
Nice, it's the same people who did that Reptile bit. I like it.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
That was pretty cool.
Looking forward to the next one.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Pretty good stuff, much better that that Annihilation shit. Kinda like Annihilation I had no idea that was Stryker since Kano only mentioned him and I'm pretty sure Jax didn't say his name either. Guess if he had a baseball cap on I would have figured it out till the credits, wasn't as bad as Shao-Khan without his mask. (He's a bald guy under the mask?!)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I only knew it was Stryker because I'd already heard they'd cast Helo in the part.

As for Shao Khan in Annihilation, that guy was perfectly cast, too. I don't know what the hell anyone wanted or was expecting from that role in a movie. Whatshisname is great with those kind of parts. Dude is menacing even when he plays a good guy.

What did anyone think Shao Khan looked like under the mask? Fozzie Bear?

mka-02-shao-kahn.jpg

5635284_gal.jpg

Seriously, that wasn't good enough? How the fuck much closer did you think they were going to get?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
meh. Wasn't really enthralled by it. They shouldn't attempt to make some sort of real world logistics out of it. IT'd be better as "there is this other world, weird shit lives there and here it comes" instead of all making everyone a seriel killer

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
meh. Wasn't really enthralled by it. They shouldn't attempt to make some sort of real world logistics out of it. IT'd be better as "there is this other world, weird shit lives there and here it comes" instead of all making everyone a seriel killer

Thats why Im hoping they gave up on that idea. The first MK movie started off a lot like this one and they just kind of fell into the Outworld stuff.

How the hell are they even going to address Shang Tsun, Scorpion, Sub Zero or any of the more fantasy based elements if they stick to realism?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Thats why Im hoping they gave up on that idea. The first MK movie started off a lot like this one and they just kind of fell into the Outworld stuff.

How the hell are they even going to address Shang Tsun, Scorpion, Sub Zero or any of the more fantasy based elements if they stick to realism?

Its part of what killed legend of Chun-Li (one among many issues) or the original SF movie; attempting to make logistical sense out of something that isn't.

I mean, as camp and stupid as it was, the MK story did work (the first 3). Fighting tournament, and people enter either to win, get revenge, or to investigate shit.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

What are you guys talking about? This isn't the same as that Rebirth video. This is supposed to go back to the original mythology to tie into the game release. They aren't sticking to realism. Baraka will be from Outworld, and all the rest.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
What are you guys talking about? This isn't the same as that Rebirth video. This is supposed to go back to the original mythology to tie into the game release. They aren't sticking to realism. Baraka will be from Outworld, and all the rest.

so shouldn't jax have badass robot arms and sonya shoot projectiles?

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member

Same actors, director and writers. Hopefully they dont, but who knows whats going to happen in the next 11 commercials.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
so shouldn't jax have badass robot arms and sonya shoot projectiles?

Jax didn't start out with robot arms. As far as Sonya, who knows. But all the stuff in this online series takes place before the first game.

Same actors, director and writers. Hopefully they dont, but who knows whats going to happen in the next 11 commercials.
Well, they've kind of said it was their intent to bring this back to the mythology. Rebirth was something the director did on his own; this is something WB hired him for.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
If they didn't have the names of the MK characters... I'm pretty sure I could not have guess it was MK.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Jax didn't start out with robot arms. As far as Sonya, who knows. But all the stuff in this online series takes place before the first game.

Well, they've kind of said it was their intent to bring this back to the mythology. Rebirth was something the director did on his own; this is something WB hired him for.

If they do go that route I'll be happy. I was not a fan of the fan video, it just seemed corny as hell (with everyone just being crazy and not from another universe).

aria

Former Moderator
Not bad. So far I'm impressed with how they're handling the characters.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Pretty cool so far. Can't wait for the 3rd episode.