Most Reliable MVS board.

quixux

Crossed Swords Squire
Hey all.

As you can probably guess, I'm in the market for an mvs board. 1 or 2 slot. I'm interested in finding out what you experienced MVS gamers consider the most reliable MVS board of the bunch. I'm looking for a board that will work properly with the new games and old, without any bullshit fixes, or anything of that sort. Info much appreciated. Thanks.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
2 slots are probably the best, multi slots and very reliable. The more slots the more chance of a problem so its up to you.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
2 or 4's good. I've heard of repeated problems /w 6 slotters and some occasional ones w/ single slots.

MarcoRossi

Zero's Secretary
Go for 2-slot - you won´t regret it! MemCardReader incl., Stereo-Sound, Joyboard-plug-ins incl....

And: you can easily switch between your two favourite games ;)

Edit: also check out: hardMVS

Very much info about all revisions of MVS-boards. Check out, what you really want.

quixux

Crossed Swords Squire
MarcoRossi said:
Go for 2-slot - you won´t regret it! MemCardReader incl., Stereo-Sound, Joyboard-plug-ins incl....

And: you can easily switch between your two favourite games ;)

Edit: also check out: hardMVS

Very much info about all revisions of MVS-boards. Check out, what you really want.

Excellent :) Thanks for the link. I really should not have ignored that one. :)

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
I am using an MV-1fz, and it is great. Never had trouble with it in the slightest. I didn't fair as well with the 4 slot however(dirty video signal).

xamot13

The Ultimate 11
My 4-slot has been running great for 8 years now. no complaints.

Freelancer

Banned
While I only own a MV-1F, my personal opinion is that the 2 SLOT board is by far the best MVS board you can get. It has practically all the features you need (built in controller ports, memory card reader, 2 slots), plus it seems to be pretty reliable and plays all new releases (ROTD) without the compatibility issues that plagued the older 1 slots.