Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Mom and Dad

I didn’t expect much as this a Nic Cage film, but I loved it. Kind of like The Cell, starring Nic Cage and SLJ, but this one has Cage and Selma Blair, a little home alone, and a firebird.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Tonight, we watched a movie called Yesterday, which was a recommendation from a friend. Soooooooo...now I have to call that friendship into question.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Hahaha, yeah that one sucked ass. I absolutely hate The Beatles but gave it a shot anyway, there went 2 hours of my life.

Watched The Babysitter last night. If you like stuff the Tucker and Dale or The Final girls you'll probably dig it. Probably watch the sequel tonight.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
High Anxiety

It'd been a minute since I saw this Brooks classic. Not as good as Young Frankenstein or Silent Movie, but definitely a great selection from the Mel Brooks catalogue.

Throws in a few great Hitchcock references too. And Madeline Kahn is fantastic as always.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hahaha, yeah that one sucked ass. I absolutely hate The Beatles but gave it a shot anyway, there went 2 hours of my life.

Watched The Babysitter last night. If you like stuff the Tucker and Dale or The Final girls you'll probably dig it. Probably watch the sequel tonight.

Babysitter 2 is fun, but flat. Very flat. Forgettable. But fun.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Invisible Man - A new take on it, it was pretty decent

The Silencing - The motivation for the killer doesn't make sense but kept me engaged enough. Probably bias towards Nikolaj, i love everything he does.

Alive - Korean Zombie film, Koreans are just killing it w/ the Zombies. Train to Busan, the Kingdom, and now this...

Train to Busan 2 : Peninsula - Just as i praise them, they had to put out this shit of a sequel. This is like Mad Max jumping straight to Thunderdome. Superman straight to Superman IV...The movie just jumped the shark and pretty sure destroyed the franchise just like that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Invisible Man - A new take on it, it was pretty decent

The Silencing - The motivation for the killer doesn't make sense but kept me engaged enough. Probably bias towards Nikolaj, i love everything he does.

Alive - Korean Zombie film, Koreans are just killing it w/ the Zombies. Train to Busan, the Kingdom, and now this...

Train to Busan 2 : Peninsula - Just as i praise them, they had to put out this shit of a sequel. This is like Mad Max jumping straight to Thunderdome. Superman straight to Superman IV...The movie just jumped the shark and pretty sure destroyed the franchise just like that.

I agree. Train the bus an 2 was the Russell Wilson of zombie movies. Weak and flaccid.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tenet was great. Lots of fun, I kind of want to watch it again. I was totally pumped the entire movie. I think the trick was that it moves fast enough that you don’t notice the logical problems.

Also, the theater was empty. It was a drunk purchase, but it worked out.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Tenet was great. Lots of fun, I kind of want to watch it again. I was totally pumped the entire movie. I think the trick was that it moves fast enough that you don’t notice the logical problems.

Also, the theater was empty. It was a drunk purchase, but it worked out.

Can't wait for it on demand. No way I'm going to a theater.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
IMAX near me has Tenet and Inception. I think I'll watch Inception instead.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The Predator: Has a lot of what I call 80's logic (or lack of), but decent popcorn flick. Always wanted to see a human using Predator gear like they were supposed to after Predators. Thought Predator 2 was B.S. at the end when they hand him an antique gun.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hey moe you never fell asleep. Take care of ur health. it must be 5am in meric.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The Predator: Has a lot of what I call 80's logic (or lack of), but decent popcorn flick. Always wanted to see a human using Predator gear like they were supposed to after Predators. Thought Predator 2 was B.S. at the end when they hand him an antique gun.

Predator 2 is underrated.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Hey moe you never fell asleep. Take care of ur health. it must be 5am in meric.

My sleep schedule is all messed up. I started work again so had to give up my daytime naps...even though i’m still on some serious pain meds. By 5 pm i’m wiped out...fell asleep a little after dinner and woke up at 11:30 pm...been up since. It’s rough I tell you.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Kingmaker- Doc. about Imelda Marcos and her family. Shit is crazy. Highly recommended.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Kingmaker- Doc. about Imelda Marcos and her family. Shit is crazy. Highly recommended.

Really one sided bias documentary. They really jump the shark with Duterte but still amazing look on Imelda.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Rewatched the 2005 Hitchhikers Guide movie. It was a great iteration of the story, and I'm bummed that we won't get any of the other books made. Sam Rockwell was great as Zaphod, and Freeman made a perfect Arthur. Zoe Deschanel is/was cute as a button but I didn't like her Trillian.

Still a great watch.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
TWA Flight 800

I've been wanting to rewatch this for a while. It's pretty clear that the plane was shot down. The docu doesn't get into why it would have been targeted, and doesn't even say it could have been an accident, but putting 2 and 2 together, it seems like it was some sort of fuck up on the part of the navy, which the feds immediately tried to cover up. Production value isn't great - it's a step below something you'd see on Air Disasters or whatever that show is. So it comes off a little amateurish but it's definitely worth watching, IMO.