Movie Player for Mac?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hey, party people. I've just upgraded my Mac to Mountain Lion, which means the movie player I've been using to watch .mkv files and whatnot, MPlayer OSX Extended, no longer works. Does anyone know a good alternative and where to find it? Thanks in advance.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Hey, party people. I've just upgraded my Mac to Mountain Lion, which means the movie player I've been using to watch .mkv files and whatnot, MPlayer OSX Extended, no longer works. Does anyone know a good alternative and where to find it? Thanks in advance.

Use VLC for everything, on every platform.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member

I have used VLC for most file types including .mkv throughout the various OSX versions I've had. I'm on Mountain Lion now as well.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Oops... yeah, Troop beat me to the punch. What he said. :D

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Yeah, VLC is the shit.

Can't get VLC to play Blu-rays here though. Had to go elsewhere for that.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I've just upgraded my Mac to Mountain Lion
So, how is it STK? Any particular reason for the upgrade? I'm still running Snow Leopard and am still happy with it so far, although I have contemplated 10.7 for the near future...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
So, how is it STK? Any particular reason for the upgrade?
One of the clients I work with uses a file transfer system that has some weird conflict and requires the latest version of java to work...which won't run on anything earlier. Otherwise, yeah, I was perfectly happy where I was.

I also have to find a new comic reader at some point.