Mr. Whitefolks: AKA a very standup seller

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
I normally do not post in this thread, but if I am it is because I either had a terrible or amazing exchange with a forum member. This would be classified as an amazing one.

A couple of weeks ago, I purchased a 1989 TMNT pcb from Mr. Whitefolks (formerly VT). The board arrived covered in a lot of grime (not surprised since I would expect such an old board to filthy after all those years. I was surprised that one of the ceramic oscillators was missing; the one that regulates the board's Theme song ram chip. I contacted MrWF and he reassured me that he had tested the board before shipping and it seemed fine (so it seemed to have occurred during shipping [the box did have a bend]).

Regardless, MrWF immediately refunded me the the full purchase price and told me that if I can get the board fixed then I could send him some money back or if I couldn't get it fixed then I could still keep the board and the money.

I have since had the oscillator replaced and now have a fully working board. I have also sent money back MrWF's way since the transaction was resolved so amenably and rationally.

I cannot stress enough how much of a stand up seller he is!!!!!

Thanks again!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
wow that was handled amazingly well. After joining with him on the group buy, i expect nothing less from him, he's about as stand-up as they come. Glad it's all working well now Masa, I agree, the theme song is very important:glee:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I felt terrible about that and I care a lot about being a good, honest, and reputable trader here. I could give a fuck if people hate my guts because of my posts or personality, but being reputable and honorable is a big deal to me.

I prefer to keep nice things quiet, but I appreciate the sentiment very much. I didn't do that (or anything else here) to get thanks or a pat on the back, I did it because it was the right thing to do.

Once again, I appreciate the kind words.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
wow that was handled amazingly well. After joining with him on the group buy, i expect nothing less from him, he's about as stand-up as they come. Glad it's all working well now Masa, I agree, the theme song is very important:glee:

Heh, thank you as well.... that buy is finally done, thank god.

Fayk

Cheng's Errand Boy
So...when is the next group buy?

^_^

Not to make a big deal out of things if Mr. Whitefolks prefers quiet, but I wanted to post to applaud his level-headedness and conflict resolution skills when I recently interacted with him after a big misunderstanding on my part of misinterpreting things. Time to eat crow.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Good to hear.

I would make sure to replace those capacitors on the integrated circuit. Those leak quite often and will damage traces.