Multi Cart game question

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Are all the roms on the multi carts identical to real released official cart games? I'm particularly wondering about games listed with variant titles, like "PLUS" on the end.

An example is on one cart I saw listings for SVC CHAOS PLUS and SVC CHAOS Romix. Are either of those the same as an official version?

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
please use the search function. All of your questions have been answered several times in these threads to make a few :P

Thanks for the links, they gave me a better idea. I did try searching for a while, but was using terms like "multi" and "multicart", instead of "in 1". :P

I assumed that these things would be a crap shoot, I was just hoping to confirm whether some of the games are unaltered and if the titles were any kind of indication either way. Some of the hacks don't sound as bad as I'd feared (like simply unlocked content).

I think I might still pick one up as a way to test out the games I'm not familiar with and/or are considering buying. Since I don't enjoy playing through emulation.

valgalder

Kula's Candy
The majority of the games are NOT hacks... but there still are a lot of hacks.. I just ignore them for the most part. I'd recommend the 150 in 1 in general though, it gives you a good idea of what games to pick up and also the ability to play the few others that are too expensive for the average joe. It's still nice to own the originals as the multi's don't save high scores and you have to keep setting the soft dips.

but yeah, read through that one thread that is many pages long to get a better idea of what it's about. For the money, i'd try it.

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
I think I am going to go through my 150-in-1 game list and break down the hack versions and non-hack versions...