Multicartridge Development.

milchkatze

n00b
Hello everybody!

I have someone in China who is able to develope multigame carts in great quantities! I don't really know how much it would cost but what is more important is i have to know who would be interested in such cart?
Which Games should he add?

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
How many games are you able to add?

I ask because you could probably add just about every official release if the cart is high enough capacity.

Last edited:

Starbuck

Rugal's Thug
I'll throw some games out there (I suspect this thread could get messy though).

Puzzle: Puzzle Bobble, Puzzle Bobble 2, Money Puzzle Exchanger, Magical Drop 3, Puzzle De Pon!, Pochi & Nyaa
Fighting: KOF 2002, KOF 98, MOTW, FF RB2, Last Blade 2, Sam Sho 2, SvC Chaos, Waku Waku 7, Matrimelee
Shooters: Blazing Star, Twinkle Star Sprites
Run and gun: MS 1, MS 3, MS X
Beat em Up: Sengoku 3
Sports: Neo Turf Masters, Super Sidekicks 3, Super Dodgeball, Windjammers, Baseball Stars 2, League Bowling
Platform: Magician Lord
Strategy(???): Neo Bomberman

29 games off the top of my head.

People will probably be most interested in having the rarer games on the multicart since these are the ones that they can't easily get hold of otherwise??

Would be nice to have an AES multicart...

milchkatze

n00b
That's right! This is a very good list of Games most of them are rare so i don't know if they can add these but i will ask for min. quantity and pricing.... will add Games to the list!

Last hope, ghostlop, fast strikers "i guess impossible" and some others!

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
There are so many multicasts out there, that I think your best bet would be to pick the best of each genre, and consider adding the few games that almost all multicasts are missing. There is a comparison chart somewhere. Some really great games don't appear on any multis.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
If you put all the hard to fucking find titles on a multicart people would buy it like a mad man

Blazing Star
Pulstar
Neo Bomberman
Samurai Shodown V Special
Pochi & Nyaa
Garou
Nightmare in the Dark
Ghostlop
Ironclad
Bust a Move Again

You can throw some slugs and KoFs on there for filler, but as long as you have those AND they work 100% it'll sell.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
It would be amazing to have one cart that has all the neo collection. If the latest multicart already have a 161 in 1 (although many kof hacks) perhaps its possible to do the whole library. If that's a problem, I would go with the games that are not in the multicarts already.

If you put all the hard to fucking find titles on a multicart people would buy it like a mad man

Blazing Star
Pulstar
Neo Bomberman
Samurai Shodown V Special
Pochi & Nyaa
Garou
Nightmare in the Dark
Ghostlop
Ironclad
Bust a Move Again
All of these games are already in the multicarts except pochi and nyaa and Ironclad.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Really? Are we really doing this? Not cool... Though I would probably buy an AES multicart at the right price...

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
All of these games are already in the multicarts except pochi and nyaa and Ironclad.
and they don't work right

Well, they do, at least on the 100 in 1.

AES multicart would shatter some home market prices
That would be awesome!

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Maybe, but the MVS prices seem steady despite all the xxx-in-one carts.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Basically make a cart with 100+ legit games. We dont need 32 titles of kof and have shitty Chinese hacks.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Minimize repetition with existing multicarts. Off the top of my head some of the glaring omissions are:

Fatal Fury series - From FF2 to RBFF2.
Early faves - Magician Lord, Cyber-Lip, King of the Monsters 2
Quirky fighters - Fight Fever, Galaxy Fight, Gan Gan, Gowcaizer, Ragnagard
Prototypes - Ironclad

On the other hand, Japanese only Mahjong & Quiz titles may not work well though...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It would be best to start with the maximum storage space so we can determine what games can be put on the multicart.

Also there shouldn't be any problems adding Ghostlop, Ironclad, Diggerman and Zintrick. Of course Ghostlop is iffy since G-mode owns the rights to it and Alex is a member of the forum.

milchkatze

n00b
ok i will delete Ghostlop from the list!

I dont't know how many Space is available! My contact sayed he has to check the Game list to check how many games available.

Last edited:

milchkatze

n00b
Try to fit everything in this list onto one MVS cart:

http://www.neogeosoft.com/?section=mvs

Do not include any bootleg or hacked version of any title listed. Also, no daughterboards. One standard cart enclosure.

I don't think every game will be possible but i will try to get as much as possible!
My Friend in China will write about cost and quantity and whether there is more space or not! I gave him a good list of games.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
no bootlegs/hacks. Just take the list from existing multi-carts and add in the missing links:

Sengoku 2 for instance

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
This is quite simple and to be honest a silly question until we know how big the ROM chip is.
If it fits, put every official game on it else it will be no different to other multi-carts and someone will create another thread like this in a years time.

Personally I don't think Proto and Homebrew games should go on it. Also, leave the likes of Last Hope and Fast Striker well alone.. NG.DEV at the moment are keeping the Neo scene alive with new releases and we want them to have the desire to keep that up.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Why would anyone even believe that this guy has any connection to do this...

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Why would anyone even believe that this guy has any connection to do this...

Dunno, but until we're giving him money, it isn't really a worry I suppose as it's just talk.

Also, leave the likes of Last Hope and Fast Striker well alone.. NG.DEV at the moment are keeping the Neo scene alive with new releases and we want them to have the desire to keep that up.

Seconded, don't hurt NG.DEV by putting their games on the cart.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
The hacks are what make the multicart cool. Anything else is worth having an original cart. CTHD has no original cart.

Nobody else plays KOF with Mini-Sprites for laughs?