MV1C Unknown problem

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
I've got a MV1C that I'm wanting to repair. I'm not sure what's wrong with it, though.

Whenever I power it on I get this.

I've cleaned up everything I can, checked for any broken traces, and made sure everything looks good on the board and I can't see any faults with it.

I can't tell what might be wrong with it and much less what to do about it. Any ideas?

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Is there a good way to identify a cold joint? I'm not seeing any dull looking solder joints or any pins coming up.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does the problem go away if you tap on the GRZ? If they do then you have some lifted legs from the cold joints.

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
No change. I tapped and pressed all of the chips on the board and nothing yielded a result.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Make sure NO corrosion has eaten anything away.Check the legs of four flat packs in front of the cartridge slot and check the underside for missing components.
BB

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
No change. I tapped and pressed all of the chips on the board and nothing yielded a result.

How are you looking at the pins? With a magnifying glass? Look for loose pins. I usually use the back of an exacto knife to gently push each pin.