MV1F Graphical probelms

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
First of all I need to thank Xian Xi with his helpful Z80 pinout because I was able to revive this dead Z80 error board I had.

Now to the main problem, Most of my games seem to not work with this board. Some games work without issues(so far I tested Strikers 1945+,Fatal Fury, bust a move), some have graphical glitches in the intro screen but the game plays fine(pulstar) the intro screen seems to be garbled graphics. Shock troopers has a slight graphical glitch in the intro then when it gets into the how to play instruction screen it glitches out and resets. Metal slug 2 doesnt get past the neo geo screen then resets while Metal slug 3 goes to the main screen(when I hit start it resets).

I did clean the cart slot, i checked the connection between the LSPC2 and B1 and traces seem fine what else should i check for?

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi dude,

You can use the smkdan's diagnostic bios and try to know the problem.

Un saludo

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Hi dude,

You can use the smkdan's diagnostic bios and try to know the problem.

Un saludo
I thought the diagnostics bios only did it for the Z80. Im not getting a Z80 problem anymore.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
okay from doing some digging around I did see this wiki post https://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=Graphic_glitches#Lower_address_lines_2
and it looks like my problem is closer to the higher address ones :/. with the games that don't work.

The reason why I listed the carts I used in my first post was to cover my bases I went and test all range of the meg count i had available. I also tested it with 2 different 5V 3amp power supplies and still no change.

Last edited: