mvs 2 slot cab upgrading audio??

ThGame

Geese's Thug
First off i took a scan through the threads to see if someone had a similiar thread but i couldnt see one. If there is i apologize.

Im not an electronics guru but i like tinkering and i was wondering if anyone has done any audio upgrades to thier mvs cabnets? Can you just rewire with other speakers somehow? Or do people generally upgrade the existing 6x9s or whatever is in there already? Just wondering the popular route to go for top quality sound or multispeaker mods.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
6x9's? No.

I have a 4 slot that I installed a small amp on, upgraded the speakers, and installed a 4" subwoofer. Just a fair warning that it'll be loud as fuck when you play. So much so that it's almost intolerable. You'll wonder why you did it to begin with. I promise.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
6x9's? No.

I have a 4 slot that I installed a small amp on, upgraded the speakers, and installed a 4" subwoofer. Just a fair warning that it'll be loud as fuck when you play. So much so that it's almost intolerable. You'll wonder why you did it to begin with. I promise.

So basically for all the effort you put into it its not really worth it? Are you not able to make volume adjustments to balance it out so its not so agressive? I did notice when i adjusted the existing volume its realllllly touchy and can go very loud but it lacks quality and proper bass.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
So basically for all the effort you put into it its not really worth it? Are you not able to make volume adjustments to balance it out so its not so agressive? I did notice when i adjusted the existing volume its realllllly touchy and can go very loud but it lacks quality and proper bass.

You can adjust the volume but with the gear I used from parts-express you can't adjust eq levels. Sound quality is definitely better, but the gain is still just as sensitive as on the board. I used components that didn't require a separate power supply because id rather the majority of the cab be stock. I'm not trying to deter your from upgrading the speakers or anything. I just wanna warn you that amplifying the cabs isn't really necessary.

Edit: I just looked at parts express and they have a bunch of new stuff since I was on that includes amp boards with high/mid/low pots.

Last edited:

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Nice, ill check it out. Appreciate the info.

Im in the same mindframe that i dont want to change the aesthetics of the original cabnet too much but i thought a little improvement to quality and bass wouldnt hurt

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Be careful of subwoofer placement, if you go that route. I put mine in the bottom in a MDF box I made with a port facing the rear. Had to put foam on the back side of the coin door to act as a baffle. Vibrations were pretty serious.

And the speakers. Make sure you shield those bastards to prevent interference with the monitor. Or buy a pair of shielded ones.