MVS cart warning messages with a 2 slot mobo - PROB FIXED

Paulie G

Zero's Secretary
I have used the seach function and read every post but havnt read a soloution to my prob, and i know its been disgusted many times.

I have the following legit carts Matrimelee, ROTD, MS5, Sengoku 3, SS5 and Zupapa that wont work on my 2 slot (that i have just recieved), all work flawlessly on my MV1FS (except ROTD which when i got it, it constatly reset so i did the fix and it was much better but still ocassionally reset so not perfect but not too bad)

all the older carts ive tried work fine and some newer ones do such as SVC, KOF 02 & 03

All i get in from in both slots is a black screen with a red warning message saying somthing to the effect that i cant run mvs carts on a bootleg board, my board is not a boot. (ive read that others have had the same prob in 2 slots, but no soloution to the prob).

What do you recommed, would universe bios help?. its really annoying as i like all the games and i was going to sell my MV1FS to off set the cost of my new 2 slot, but if i cant fix the prob then ill either have to keep both mobos or try and get anoter 2 slot that runs all gmes.

Last edited:

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Sounds strange....i have this in my 4-slot cab & it works perfectly....have you another mobo to try out your cart bud?.....i did not know there was an issue with this title & 1-2 slot mobo's.

Paulie G

Zero's Secretary
Thanks for the response ive just redone my post as some oter carts wont work also and input would be very great.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If I remeber correctly it has something to do with the BIOS, I may be wrong. Someone correct me if I am. I thought I read somewhere that you need to update the BIOS on certain boards to play newer games. Does your 2 slot have a Unibios? If not you should upgrade it to one.

Paulie G

Zero's Secretary
hi thanks Xian Xi,

im beging to think its cursed, im just going through my collection and there are a few more that dont work, on some im getting the same red waring message but in white text:oh_no: when ive gone through them all ill post what works what messages i get so it could maybe help someone else.

can someone else confirm that universe bios would fix the problem.

crashx99

n00b
With my 2 slot, i had a few problems with a few newer and older games for me. They would reset every now and then, or just not play at all. The unibios helped for sure, as I can now play all of the games with no problem.

Paulie G

Zero's Secretary
thanks for the input,
all of the below are 100% legit carts and all work perfectly on my MV1FS. the 2 slot does not reset and it has original bios. I think ill try the unibios, Raz can you confirm that that is the problem, or have i just bought a picky peice if junk.

there is a bit of odd wiring on the board could it be a fix or could it be the problem heres a pic
Paulie_G

Ive tested all the games i have to hand and heres my findnings.

Working
Blazing Star
Breakers
Breakers Revenge
Captain Tomaday
Fatal Fury Special
King Of Fighters '94, The
King Of Fighters 2002, The
King Of Fighters 2003, The
Magical Drop 2
Magical Drop 3
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Neo Bomberman
Neo Turf Masters
Ninja Masters
Pop N Bounce
Pulstar
Puzzle De Pon
Puzzzle De Pon! R
Samurai Showdown
Samurai Showdown 2
Shock Troopers
Shock Troopers 2
SNK Vs Capcom SVC Chaos
Strikers 1945 Plus
Waku Waku 7
World Heroes
World Heroes 2 Jet
World Heroes Perfect

Blank screen
Garou Mark of the wolves
Metal Slug 3

white text warning message
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 The Newcomers

Red text warning message
Art of Fighting 3
Fatal Fury 3
King Of Fighters '96, The
King Of Fighters '97, The
King Of Fighters '99, The
King Of Fighters 2000, The
Kizuna Encounter Super Tag Battle
Last Blade 2, The
Last Blade, The
Matrimelee
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 4
Metal Slug 5
Rage Of The Dragons
Samurai Showdown 3
Samurai Showdown 5
Sengoku 3
Zupapa

Last edited:

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
I got that warning on my 4 slot once, with Blazing Star. Reset the backup RAM, and see if the problem still exists (that's what fixed my problem.)

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Paulie.....On your cab....front panel removed-
1. press the test switch
2. go into hardware test..
3. press 1 player until 'BACK UP CLEAR'
4 then press A+B+C at one time.....& all your scores /back-up are wiped clean.:D

Paulie G

Zero's Secretary
Thanks a lot guys, im very grateful for all your help :)

Resetting the backup RAM has fixed the problem for 17 of the carts.

The following 6 carts still have the black screen with the red warning text.

King Of Fighters 2000, The
Matrimelee
Metal Slug 5
Rage Of The Dragons
Sengoku 3
Zupapa

Has anyone got any other suggestions or is anyone sure that installing uni bios would fix the prob as that has been suggested.

Paulie G

Zero's Secretary
I bought uni bios and it arrived today (big thanks to Raz).

Ive tested the 6 games that i had with the black screen and red text warning message and they all worked perfectly with uni bios 2.2 installed, even ROTD didnt reset and i played it for about 40 mins. I thought id let everyone know just incase someone in the future has the same problem as i had.

Now to explore the wonderful world of uni bios.

thank you so much
Paulie G