MVS conversions value???

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Im not really sure about MVS Conversions? What are they? Bootlegs? Who makes them?
Im asking cause I have been given a list by a person who sells alot of MVS conversions. For example
Art of fighting 3 MVS Conversion ~235$
Fatal Fury Real Bout 2 MVS Conversion ~235$
World Heroes Perfect MVS conversion ~195$

Does conversions have any collecting value? Are these prices just insane
scaming prices?
Search function doesnt work for me in the forum right now so I havent checked for other threads about this?:/

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
It's possible to transplant chips from a MVS game to a sacrificial AES cart, and that's a MVS conversion (usually just called a Converted Cartridge). I can't go into details and this forum doesn't really like these as they destroy games.

Value? Not too high, really, as they're not true games. Some collectors like them because they display better than a MVS cart+Phantom. Personally, I'd save a little money and buy a Phantom converter and the MVS carts you'd like to play on your AES (better yet, a consolized MVS and a UniBIOS).

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
If the point is just *playing* the game, conversions really have no reason to be.

If the point is *collecting* home games, conversions may be reasonable just for MVS-only games, unavalaible on official AES format.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
those prices are higher than a real cart!

not worth the money

WGolly

Known Scammer. Fook Better Explain Himself
who is this seller? a japanese aof 3 is only like $200-$250 and thats for the real deal complete. Same goes for real bout 2, which is only $150 as well as whp. Conversions are not recognized as legit and in most instances lack a manual, often come with a cheap insert. in contrast you can just buy the mvs and print your own inserts for far less than what this seller is asking. All he did was take a $30 fatal fury 3 home cart and a $30 aof 3 mvs cart and just switched the components from the mvs into a few selected spots in the AES cart. Definately not worth it.

Last edited:

Harry_Hearttrob

Geese's Thug
With the assinine price of an us aes ms5($600+), i'm surprised there haven't been ms5 conversions floating around :spock:

Last edited:

Mexicant

n00b
i have seen a few Ms1 conversions going for 400+

id say thats a little value? I dunno

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
WGolly said:
who is this seller? a japanese aof 3 is only like $200-$250 and thats for the real deal complete. Same goes for real bout 2, which is only $150 as well as whp. Conversions are not recognized as legit and in most instances lack a manual, often come with a cheap insert. in contrast you can just buy the mvs and print your own inserts for far less than what this seller is asking. All he did was take a $30 fatal fury 3 home cart and a $30 aof 3 mvs cart and just switched the components from the mvs into a few selected spots in the AES cart. Definately not worth it.

The seller is a swede. I dont think he does business here or is in this forum.
Im thinking geting a Phantom Converter and buying real MVS carts instead.:)

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Full English MVS kits are way more satisfying that having a conversion.
Go for that instead.

Hide

Banned
Hi Temjin,

If you're still seriously contemplating buying those, I would rather you get the Jap AES vers of Real Bout 2 and WHP. Real Bout 2 costs around 140-180ish. WHP is like ~$120 in Japan. Not sure about AOF3 but for a conversion at $195, I will gladly fork out about $50 more for the real deal.

imho.

:cool:

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Mexicant said:
how much did the Us ms5 go for in the neostore when it first came out

Without the classic art pack the US MS5 was $335 New. I think thats the correct price as for some reason I forgot...lol.

Also the few MS1 converisons for $400 plus is a redicously price. Id never pay that nor would anyone else in these forums I believe.

Like what xtoo_short20x said get the full english kit as its alot cheaper and the real deal. :D

But I do admit...I do have an MS1 conversion...since I dont have a Phantom-1 anymore.