MVS games or IGS PGM?

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Hey Everybody!

Been awhile since I posted on these forums, sorry for the absence. Things have been crazy in my end (new job, more projects, alot of life shit). But enough about me, let's move on to the topic at hand.

So, I have been debating on whether I want to buy a couple of MVS titles to expand my collection or get into the IGS PGM. I have been thinking of getting a PGM for quite some time with the intention of consolizing it and getting a few games for that. Does anyone here have any experience with the PGM? Is it worth the investment or just stick to MVS? I would love to hear some opinions on the subject.

Kudos!
-CGX

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Of course MVS > PGM but here is a good SEARCH FUNCTION thread regarding the latter.

Thank you for the guide, and of course MVS > PGM. But, I was mainly looking to see if anyone here has some experience with the PGM and can say if it would or would not be worth investing into, in their opinion.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I really enjoy it. I recently got Martial Masters and it's pretty solid. If you're happy with your current MVS setup, go for it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Thank you for the guide, and of course MVS > PGM. But, I was mainly looking to see if anyone here has some experience with the PGM and can say if it would or would not be worth investing into, in their opinion.

There are some great games on PGM. From an investment standpoint, the PGM was rated "Caa" by Moody's.

CatBoy

n00b
Buy a NeoSD and you're done for the MVS. Then focus on some PGM games: DoDonPachi II, Demon Front, KoV, KoV2, Martial Masters, Gladiator are wonderful games. The only things I don't like about my PGM is that my Framemeister doesn't seem to like the refresh rate sometimes and that the English version of the games are incredibly hard to find.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
I have been debating on getting a Neo SD for convenience, but I also find that flash cartridges take a bit of satisfaction away from owning a collection. So I might get one eventually, but not right now. As for the PGM, I have noticed there is very little documentation on how to consolized this thing. I'm not sure if it is the same procedure as a Neo Geo mvs, or if there are some differences required for the RGB signals.

nam9

Zero's Secretary
I have been debating on getting a Neo SD for convenience, but I also find that flash cartridges take a bit of satisfaction away from owning a collection. So I might get one eventually, but not right now. As for the PGM, I have noticed there is very little documentation on how to consolized this thing. I'm not sure if it is the same procedure as a Neo Geo mvs, or if there are some differences required for the RGB signals.

Remove the battery first of all! Then the charge circuit... Details on JNX
RGB levels are different from the NG on what I've checked out. Console is outputting 2.4Vp-p on the Jamma edge. You will want to take that down to 0.7v.
You can tap 'stereo' sound from the UPD6379 2-channel DAC - I'm feeding L&R into Ch1 & 2 of this MKL amp which lets me run everything from 5v only.

Last edited: