MVS noob

DEXTERPAWN

Kuroko's Training Dummy
how many slots should i get? pros and cons? i heard 6 is bad
what kind of super gun should i get? i want a good picture.

slerch666

updyke,
MAS Systems sells the Super Nova Super Gun. If you bought from Uberia in the UK, you would need to also buy/send them an RGB to NTSC (either S-video or composite) converter to install. Uberia by default does RGB to "scart" I believe. That's a downside.

You can also find members who build/sell consolized MVS units. Super Goose used to do it, though I don't know if he does still. A consolized MVS is basically an MVS board with a Super Gun built onto it. If all you plan on playing is MVS games only, this may be an easier way to go, though you would still need to locate Neo joysticks for it since they wouldn't come with any. The Super Nova comes with 2 custom built controllers.

If you plan on ONLY playing MVS and NO other PCBs, consolized may be the way to go.

Whatever you do, stay away from the HGA from GW Trading. It's quality isn't supposed to be that good and the guy who runs the place is an asshole (Faasl). PM me if you want my horror story.

I personally have the Super Nova and a 4 slot, though 1 slot would be fine. The problem with the 1 slot is that certain models have problems playing certain newer games, like ROTD.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
slerch666 said:
You can also find members who build/sell consolized MVS units. Super Goose used to do it, though I don't know if he does still.
i do. just have to study quite a lot atm.
have to pass a fecking test this friday at 8:00am. :annoyed:

mv2f_wes_01.jpg

DEXTERPAWN

Kuroko's Training Dummy
it almost looks better to buy a cabnit with shipping and all. whats a good price for a 6 slot neo cabnit?$1000?

ltron2020

Marked Wolf
Giggs just get a supernova from mas systems, or a cab whatever you cheap bastard

Piccolo_DBz

Astra,
If your gonna go supergun make a consolized one slot. I should've did that before I bought my 29 inch mvs 4 slot arcade.