MVS Serial # question

Fett

Camel Slug
I was looking at my Samurai Shodown box and noticed the serial printed on the label is 2 numbers higher than the serial printed on the cart label.

My question is, did SNK often ship games to buyers in consecutive serial runs? Because I could see someone with multiple copies just mixing up the boxes. Otherwise, what are the odds that the wrong box would end up only being 2 numbers off?

Spectre

Banned
Operators who bought multiple copies of a game would very likely recieve sequential serial numbers. In all probability you've ended up with a kit that has been through the hands of such an operator and they weren't fussy about matching up the serial numbers again when they sold them on.

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
Fett: yes we did. that is because a new game release would have immediate shipments. For example, one distributor would order 100 games, another would order 5,000. etc to split among their distributor branches. We would ship out ASAP, sometimes working until 2 am to get shipments out (loud music and pizza were the order of the night). It worked the same way at Romstar as well.