MVS Storage - what's your method?

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I hate the idea of dust getting into the board connects on my MVS carts, so I constantly keep wrapping them up so they dont get dirty. I know the dirt kill'em, but I like to keep'em clean.

Anyways, till someone actually comes through and delivers some MVS cases, anyone got any good suggestions for storing MVS games?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I used to store them in boxes, but they took up too much space. So now I simply put them in a plastic freezer bag (put to little pin holes in it to let out air) and stack the games in a little storage area I have here... All the marquees and etc are in a little box there as well
smile.gif
I know it is not the best way, but it keeps the dust off the carts and keeps them clean and ready to play.

-Nick

B

Bobak!

Damn, I store mine all ghetto and stuff, they're just stacked in stacks about two dozen high with the connectors facing the wall.

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

dragynchylde

Cheng's Errand Boy
In stacks two dozen high? Damn man that's cruel( to all us poor shmucks ).

"All I need is a shark with a fricken mvs adapter on it's fricken head. Is that too much to ask?"

------------------

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I use those plastic see-through storage things that you find at Wal-Mart. Those things that look kinda like a file cabinet, have three drawers, and are dirt cheap - like $20. You can get about 10 carts in a drawer (never counted) -- I keep all my flyers/marquees in the top drawer for the games that are in the bottom two drawers.

Jeff

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
For all the games I own that still have their original cardboard boxes, I store them in those. If I don't have the original boxes, what I do is to put them in large anti-static bags and tape them up. I used to work for a small PC clone manufacturing company (still do occasionally), and I just go by the store every week or so and get their extra anti-static bags (which they would normally throw away). The bags I use were originally used for motherboards, are large enough to hold an MVS cart and even come with a square of thin foam-type padding, which I leave in the bag (helps pad the cart a little).

All my MVS carts are then stored in plastic storage bins, I've found that Wal-Mart has some good ones that fit about 10 carts per bin (I think they're 10 gallon ones, brand is Sterilite). That takes care of dust/dirt and static, then of course I store them in an environment that isnt too hot or cold.

The great thing about MVS carts is that they are incredibly durable, very tough and hold up well over time!!!

B

Bobak!

Eh... I figure as long as my roomates don't spill a beer on them they'll be okay. (Especially with the vents on the sides, the beer would drop from cart to cart to cart...eek!)

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Funny, I've seen those little storage bins at Walmart before and had similar thoughts run through my mind. The only problem with those would be I have nowhere to stuff one of those in since I already have shelf for the games.

Damnit, someone make some MVS cases already hehe
wink.gif

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
I think !Arcade! has us covered on the MVS cart cases...just my thoughts...they seem to know how to do some cool ass shit. I hope they don't dissapoint with future products.

Bryan

------------------
kofKAnimated2.gif
-Long live the Neo-

[This message has been edited by BryLmoo (edited March 04, 2001).]

I grabbed some of the Rubbermaid-type plastic containers at Target. They'e the flat ones that are long and rectulangular. They're made to fit under the bed (just do). It'll hold 30-40 carts and hide under the bed. It keeps the dust off pretty well. I just put the marquees and such on top of the carts.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
meister is talking about bubble wrap they use this on many arcade pcbs for storage purposes its best only used for the boards though bobak! i also ghetto stack my 35+ mvs lol
smile.gif

------------------
TO Geese Howard, my little cream puff.

Your sliminess and greed has been a source of great enjoyment
for me these past few years, but, alas,
your end has come. We are all surfing
on a new wave of evil.
Unfortunately for you, my friend, the
wave is here, and you have no board.

Auf Wiedersehen, Meine Kleine Sucker,
WOLFGANG KRAUZER

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I keep my MVS board, HGA, and my small collection of carts in the cabinet under my Sony Wega in my entertainment cabinet. I figure that not too much dust can get in there. It is also pet proof.

Here comes my sig test...

------------------
<Center>
It's not easy being green...

</Center>