MVS-U4-33 to 1 slot jamma ???

Ok.. Here is a technical question that seems simple but I just can't figure it out. I have the Japanese mvs-u4 with the original 4 slot board and working memory card hook ups. The board works fine and is in good shape. I have some mvs carts and just recently got back into the neo scene.

The cab has been in my garage for years and now I saw the new multi carts. I know there is a 120 and a 150 but I like the game list of the 138 in 1 with superdodge ball, ghostlop, and viewpoint. I do not have these games... can't find them for a cheap price. So I guess the 138 gives you the most bang for your buck. Plus the main reason for the 138 is, its the only multi that will let me hide all those Chinese hack + versions that you have to search through.

Problem is the 138 only works with a 1 slot. So I just got a mv1 from big bear just for the 138 in 1. I got the mv1 because it has the memory card attachments. It was cheap and I figure it is nice to have a back up mobo I know this is jamma and not mvs so I ordered the jamma to mvs converter from jammaboards... Finally my question...

Will the stereo sound work with the mv1 to the mini board of the 138 - to the jamma to mvs converter finally to the mvs conector in my cab?

I think its pretty straight forward, its all coming next week so I want to have it figured out before it comes... I never chained three boards together. Thanks for any input or tips from somebody who has done this set up before. I know I can't be the first...

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
If it's the big MV1 board or one of the medium sized boards then look for the stereo/mono audio switch on it. It'll be in the sound section where all the caps and the audio amp chip is located. Switch it to stereo and you can plug it right in where the 4 slot was.

If it doesn't have a stereo/mono switch then it'll output standard mono audio and you'll need the adapter to plug it into an MVS wired cabinet.

One slot vs 4 slot

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y363/donot4get13/mvs004.jpg

I got a mv1 from big bear. I thought it was going to work better with the 138 it wasn't. The one slot had garbled sound on some games with the jumper cables on and with out the jumper cables it still had sound problems. The load time was better though each game started at the neo geo splash screen on the 1 slot. The games usually start at the character select screen on the 4 slot. So far it works best as you see. Cart in slot 2 mini board on 4 slot into a jamma to mvs converter. I still get stereo out of the headphone jacks so that is ok. I just can't seem to get the stereo out of the main pcb connection.

Does anybody know how to mod the mini board form the 138 so I do not need the jamma to mvs board...? I saw the 26 to 26 pin mod to make the cart selector button work but I am really interested in stereo... Any body out there get the sound in stereo on a mvs cab...?t

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
According to Razoola, the cart contains the data for all the games and the board is for switching titles. He has pondered on making the switching system entirely on Unibios but hasn't mentioned anything afterwards.

I have had the 120 the 138 and the 150 multislots. The most trouble free was by far the 120 but the 138 has better games than all three. The ability to hide games is also a big plus. The whole jamma mono issue is the only flaw I have found with this cart. Does anybody know if a memory card will work with the 138.????
I want to find out before I buy a memory card..