my first cmvs!

foxfire

New Challenger
not quite complete, but all the major wiring is finally done. i still want to do the battery mod, and am trying to psych myself up to install a unibios. also want to paint it when done...the case got a little bit nicked up during the process :)

(the neo cd was already dead)

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
That is fantastic how you fit that in there!

So, it all fits so nice because you used some of the neo cd hardware like the board that has the controller ports on it?

Awesome. Enjoy it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looks good. Make sure you put some spacers under the cart slot as that's where a lot of the pressure is applied when inserting and removing carts.

Whenever I see an NGCD CMVS with an Aqua colored cart on a rug it reminds me of the original one made by Orochi Iori Y.

I've never seen a Metal Slug 2 that color cart before.

foxfire

New Challenger
thanks, have been enjoying it very much!

yes, i did reuse many of the neo cd parts. the red base below the mobo was reused with some additional holes cut in it, so i could put the video encoder below. and that board for mounting the controller ports was perfect so they line up with the holes in the case. also i was able to reuse the existing power button and led from it :)

XX, thanks for the suggestion - didn't think of that, i'll add a couple extra spacers!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Oh and get a hot glue gun and some zip ties dude. Get rid of that scotch tape...lol

Congrats on your first CMVS. Now make your second one.

lovely idea, one of the better console mods i've seen in the last few years, nice to use original hardware too.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I can hardly think of anything that feel as great as when you build your own thing, I don't care what it is but the rush you get out of the acomplishment is awsome!

Good work, congrats!