My Memory Card discovery! read now!

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
hey guys guess what? I was looking in my dad's office full of computer junk when i came accross my dad's old Poquet PC. I was familiar with this certain computer, which had 2 expansion slots on the bottom for small memory cards. I looked at one, and it looked EXACTLY like the Neo ones! I decided to try it out on KOF2K. IT WORKED!!!!!!! SOOO COOL! It's a 64k card, with a REPLACEABLE LITHIUM BATTERY! no more dead cards!~ if anyone has one of these, you probably have an expansion memory card for it. that's your neo card. all you have to do is format it! aww man, i'm so glad i found that thing. The computer was broken anyway, so i just jacked the card off it. SOOO cool! and i got it for free! AHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Hopefully someone out there has one and can enjoy an eternal memory card. This is soo cool! now i don't have to spend $30+ dollars on one! yay!~

spazz mode off.
biggrin.gif

------------------
-=NeoGML=-

that is really cool, you think you could post some pics or email me a couple pics of the computer and card

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
I think the neo memory card is based on some sort of industry standard becuase I saw a picture of a Pansonic 2Meg memory card that was reported to work on the neo a while back. I don't own a Neo memory card but if i can get a hold of one i would take it to a computer store to see if there is any cards similar to it.

------------------
Check out my new site Game Collector at http://gamecollector.filetap.com

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
Okay, here is the picture:
NGmemcardscans.jpg

I'm not too sure about the 1Meg Memory Card working with the Neo, as i haven't tried it yet. It also uses SRAM, which the Neo doesn't use. See the little switch on top of the white memory card? if you flip that, you can pull the battery out. then you can replace it! no more dead memory cards!
biggrin.gif

------------------
-=NeoGML=-

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
well, it's made by Fujitsu, you might want to try eBay. As for the pic, i can see it without any problems, does it come up as Image Hosted by Angelfire or something like that? oh well.

Ya that is what it shows on my computer, the image hosted by angelfire logo. Oh well.

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
based on what i have seen in the past such as the panasonic 2M card that worked on the Neo and the above you have presented. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that any SRAM card would work on the Neo. The only question remaining is did you have to format the above card to get it to work on the Neo? Or did it work flawlesss the first time around?

------------------
Check out my new site Game Collector at http://gamecollector.filetap.com

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
I had to format it, but i'm sure that the data system would be pretty similar. That's really not a problem though
biggrin.gif