My Neo-Geo AES is now better than ever!

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
Hi people,

Just thought I'd fill you in about my recent experiences..

So a few weeks ago I decide to purchase an RGB cable for my high serial Japanese AES (250,XXX) to see if it would just sharpen the image on my TV. Upon arrival of the cable and testing it out I had some problems with white vertical lines that I wasn't having with composite cables, problems are shown here.

After reading through a thread on another forum I found someone UK based who might be able to help me out! James (ChaoticJelly on the forum) had previously only done one AES mod before but it seemed to turn out rather well so I opted to use his services requesting the RGB mod, fitting of an officially licensed Universe Bios v2.3 (Unibios by Razoola) which I'd wanted for ages! and a Blue LED Power Indicator in the reset button just for fun :)

I sent James the system on Monday and he recieved the system Tuesday at 1.00pm, by the time I got back from work at 5pm to message him to see if it had arrived he told me he'd already done all the mods, checked over everything including the extra task I asked him to do and it was all ready to be sent back to me! Amazing!

The system was posted the very next day and arrived back with me on Thursday looking in the same minty condition I sent it in, except it now looked like this!

Neo-GeoAES.jpg

Neo-GeoStartUp.jpg

Unibios.jpg

KingOfFighters2003.jpg

aswell as that my old Final Fantasy X-2 PS2 Stand now looks like this:

FinalFantasyX-2PS2Stand.jpg

Just wanted to show people what I had done and how pleased I was with the whole transaction!! If your in the UK and looking to get the best out of your Neo-Geo I'd definately recomend James aka. ChaoticJelly to sort you out! :D

Olly.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
...but is it overclocked? ;)

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
I so, so want a UNIbios :crying:
But i don't want to send off my pride and joy, i want to love it and touch its soft black shell always :emb:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I am happy for you. I may have to get around to doing the LED thingy. I'm thinking Yellow would be cool for me.
-BB

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Congrats looks like the rbg mod did the trick for your AES.

M

mblvshj

i like the bright blue led also...then again i cant stand even the 360 in the dark with the green led it has(i guess its green...im sorta color blind) the halo 3 faceplate made me more jealous im stuck with viva pinta b/ of my girlfriend

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Jonathan said:
What's the back end of your rennovated AES look like?

hhmmm that request seems a tad scandalous. Go ahead and back that thing up!

tony starks

Starks is always out.
How much did it cost bro and is the unibios provided or did you have to obtain one yourself?

Thanx

Starks out...

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
Jonathan said:
What's the back end of your rennovated AES look like?
The back of the AES looks exactly the same as it did before, without the power on the AES looks the same as it did when it came out of the factory :) which is what I liked about it. When you turn it on obviously the super bright blue LED shines bright to let you know the beast is on but apart from that theres no exterior differences.

tony_starks said:
How much did it cost bro and is the unibios provided or did you have to obtain one yourself?

Thanx

Starks out...
If you shoot James - chaoticjelly a PM he'll let you know all the options and prices etc and will talk you through the whole process, he tends to keep you updated at every step via PM/e-mail/IM so its quick and easy :)

James himself can provide the latest version of Raz's Unibios which is currently v2.3 and he can also fit a socket on your AES board for ease of upgrading in the future too.

Cheers for all the comments so far, I'm loving my Neo Geo more and more!! :D

Olly.