MY new custom MVS rig Check it out

exomagnus

n00b
http://www.candycornandtang.com/ebay/s-mvs.jpg

Just finished up my new MVS rig please see the image in the above link. It's a MV-1C board in hdf custom casing with external power source and video converter. I built the system its self to look as much like a manufactured system as I could. The top and sides are seam-less with access to the board from the bottom. To do this the entire structure is comprised of custom cut Alloy L-rails. The system sports only one output (9-pin din), which includes the RGB signal, audio signal, and the voltage for the Jork. I chose to do this for 2 reasons, 1 I usually play Neo on an arcade monitor so I didn't see a reason to add an exclusive converter (maybe I would if they were a bit cheaper) and 2 I can now use the converter for other rigs. The converter is in a Xbox Av box that I hacked. It ended up working quite well to use it; I just hope I don't feel like playing my Xbox any time soon! The power source is one of those jameco ones people often speak of. This is what actually led to me making this system. Before now I had always been using arcade power-sources, which can be a bit cumbersome hardly allowing me to create a system that was very streamlined. Hope u all dig it I sure do!

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Very nice work man, highly impressed.

If you ever want to make one and sell let me know :)

TheGornWay

n00b
Cool idea for the separate Jrock A/V box thats thing is to much money to inplant in a single device. I was going to do the same thing on mine and run the Audio / Video / 5V+ all through a 15 pin-VGA style port or did you use a 9-pin port. Anyway it looks awesome!!!

neo*geo

Mickey's Coach
ver nice mvs unit you have inspired me too make a taito f3 and mvs consolised

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hah,

Not bad at all, how much did you sink into this project? Where you able to add niffty things like Stereo sound, pause switch & Uni Bios chip? I'm seriously considering doing something similar, but with a 2 slot. I got the ideal from Robert Wallace from his 2 slot consolization project where he is thinking that you can convert one of the slots to accept AES!! That would be great if such a thing is possible? To be able to have a console play both MVS & AES on a tv would be freaking great!! Any thoughts on this guys? :spock:

exomagnus

n00b
My price list looks like this (in usd)

170 board (new mv-c1 from the neo store)
15 jamma harness
2 4x pbc feet
4 2x 15-pin din male ports (crimp type)
2 DPDT Power Switch
3 2x push button
2 5-pin Female power port
2 9 pin male Din
2 4x little adhesive pads
4 sheet of 1/4" hdf
6 4' alloy L rail
4 misc hardware
5 can of rusto gloss blk and primer
2 320 sand paper
3 liquid nails
4 vinyl sticky letters
24 jameco power source w/power cable
20 xbox av pack
80 jork converter
2 s-video port
2 male 9-pin Din
2 9-pin Din Hood

For a total of 358 bucks
Granted I did have some of the stuff already, jork, xbox bit, and some of the hardware.

The Board of course is the real money eater but I wanted to make the system as small as I could and it was fun to get a brand new mvs board. Since I used the MV-C1 I sacrificed adding the bios chip, stereo sound, and memory card as the board dose not support them, sucks! I have all of these features on my 4-slot rig and I think the only one I will really miss is the memory card. I used the mono channel for both left and right outputs so it will still come out both speakers just not in stereo.

I love the idea of swapping out one slot on a 2 slot for a home system one. I have no idea if it could be done, as I don't have a home system to look at. But it would take some serious skills (not me!) to de-solder and re-solder something like 200 points and have them be snug enough to take being pressed and pulled against plus a spare home slot. Can this be done?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
First of all...

very clean and nice job!!

And I love the external jrok idea!!!

Do you have any better pictures though? I've always wanted to have the controller plugs mounted on the inside but I can never get the holes clean enough as I am extremely picky about that stuff... and I would like to see yours

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Very cool. However, a box with no vents whatever is not a good idea. These days people seem to focus more on cosmetics than function...:annoyed:

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
looks a whole lot like my super gun =)))))

AWESOME JOB!