my trip to egypt

vwbabe84

New Challenger
I left ratson alone for 10 days to visit egypt whit my mom and grandmother.
Was lots of fun seen al lot of great things.
Even seen rain the worst in 14 years. In that area i was staying in hurghada.
Here some pics:
hotel
DSC00662.jpg

Cairo:
DSC00742-1.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

whit my mom on a piramid
SDC10051.jpg

and grandma
SDC10053.jpg

SDC10077.jpg

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Awesome.

The Egyptian pyramids are something I've always wanted to see but never gotten around to it. Few times I almost did I switched up my plans at the last moment.

I've seen the Mayan pyramids, which were amazing. I can only imagine what the Egyptian ones are like in person.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
From what ratson told me it was only like $2000 for round trip airfare and accommodations too. That seems incredibly cheap to me. The plane trip from here would probably around that much round trip.

vwbabe84

New Challenger
Next day after a night of rain:
DSC00784.jpg

Submarine goes 25 meters deep:
DSC00885.jpg

DSC00945.jpg

SDC10120.jpg

SDC10099.jpg

Sick after The 6 hours busdrive to cairo:
DSC00730-1.jpg

Smoking whit my mom:
DSC00809.jpg

Me and my mom:
SDC10169.jpg

Last edited:

vwbabe84

New Challenger
Awesome.

The Egyptian pyramids are something I've always wanted to see but never gotten around to it. Few times I almost did I switched up my plans at the last moment.

I've seen the Mayan pyramids, which were amazing. I can only imagine what the Egyptian ones are like in person.

The pyramids where amazing always wanted to see them. The sphinx is impressive to.
Also ben to the Cairo museum but cant take pictures there.
The bus drive was 6 hours and back almost 9 because of the rain.
But happy i did it.

vwbabe84

New Challenger
From what ratson told me it was only like $2000 for round trip airfare and accommodations too. That seems incredibly cheap to me. The plane trip from here would probably around that much round trip.

A plane ticket to america would cost us around 2000. The trip to egypt was pretty cheap. Very good food all day long. Drink how much you want also cocktails.:buttrock:
Private beach of the resort. So no strangers and stupid salesman on the beach.
People are very nice. If you come from holland they dont like russian there.
The rest is cheap to in the country came back whit 8 kg more in my suitcase.:shame:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Very nice trip as well as the idea behind it....spending time with parents and especially grandparents on a trip like that is just wonderful.

On an unrelated note....
I've been meaning to ask you or Gideon about something....but it's probably a better idea to ask you since you seem like more of a car person.

You know Spyker cars?
A lot of people already know about the hand built super exotic stuff they are coming out with these days...but there's absolutely no information at all on the older models (like the Spyker cars from the 80s).

What kind of cars were they? What did they look like? Do they even exist?

Thanks in advance if you know anything about this stuff.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Tell me more about that hookah bar... *_*

Great photos, by the way!

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Great photos, Egypt is also on my list of countries that I'd like to visit.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The world managed to survive 10 days of an unsupervised ratson somehow:loco:

Thank you for sharing the pics:buttrock:

I'm glad you got to share an incredible trip with your family!

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Hey, I just got back from visiting there too. I only stayed for 3 days, but it was still pretty awesome. I got sick as hell from the food, though. :emb:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I really want to go to Egypt right NOW.

Especially since there's not a foot of snow in that country.

Also ratson's girlfriend, you look like a really cool girlfriend to hang out with.

HeartlessNinny

I'd recommend going. But as a bit of advice, be careful about what you eat over there (and for the love of god don't drink the water).

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
The world managed to survive 10 days of an unsupervised ratson somehow:loco:

Thank you for sharing the pics:buttrock:

I'm glad you got to share an incredible trip with your family!

She chained me to the gaspies for 10 days with the computer and enough food,weedand drinks in reach:(

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I always find it funny when you see an ancient landmark and next to it is a sign of modern society. The highway next to the pyramids made me chuckle, but such is life i suppose.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing these! Egypt is a place I've always wanted to visit. The feeling of standing so close to such ancient monoliths has to be pretty overwhelming.

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
I always find it funny when you see an ancient landmark and next to it is a sign of modern society. The highway next to the pyramids made me chuckle, but such is life i suppose.

Cairo is like Los Angeles with Houston zoning laws, which got hit with a never-ending dust storm.

(I apologize only for using cities and landmarks that not might be familiar for everyone on this board. But if you've been to both US cities, and Cairo, then you'll appreciate the truth.)

aria

Former Moderator
I've heard visiting the pyramids can be massively disappointing if you pay attention to exactly how terribly they're maintained and the general lack of seriousness in their preservation.

I was hoping things had changed.

Actually, over 35 years ago my parents went to Egypt and their best memory of the national museum in Cairo was the fact that the security guard kept following them around the museum... to beg for money. It was the saddest and most pathetic thing they'd ever seen, but it was par for course at that time.

I've heard its better now (hard to imagine it would've become worse), but I've also heard several bad reports about visiting the pyramids (which are basically surrounded by the city anyway).

The developing world can be a major disappointment.

Cairo is like Los Angeles with Houston zoning laws, which got hit with a never-ending dust storm.

:)

HeartlessNinny

(I apologize only for using cities and landmarks that not might be familiar for everyone on this board. But if you've been to both US cities, and Cairo, then you'll appreciate the truth.)

Man, Cairo is total fucking chaos, that's what it is. A city of 20 million people and not one traffic light... No wonder the traffic jams are so legendary. LA has nothing on Cairo when it comes to traffic.

I've heard visiting the pyramids can be massively disappointing if you pay attention to exactly how terribly they're maintained and the general lack of seriousness in their preservation.

I was hoping things had changed.

Actually, over 35 years ago my parents went to Egypt and their best memory of the national museum in Cairo was the fact that the security guard kept following them around the museum... to beg for money. It was the saddest and most pathetic thing they'd ever seen, but it was par for course at that time.

I've heard its better now (hard to imagine it would've become worse), but I've also heard several bad reports about visiting the pyramids (which are basically surrounded by the city anyway).

The developing world can be a major disappointment.

:)

I wouldn't say the pyramids are disappointing, but the gigantic mass of slack-jawed tourists, the endless throng of pushy trinket salesmen and the guys trying to get you to give them money for camel rides are all a bit much, to say the least. At least in the bazaar they have a storefront that they can't wander too far from... At the pyramids, they'll just follow you around for a while bugging the shit out of you. I got sick of that nonsense really fast.

All that aside though, they really are impressive structures. It's true that they're not in the best shape, nor are they well maintained, but that didn't really matter too much to me. They haven't been preserved in 4500 years, after all. And besides, Egypt is broke as fuck — no one has any money. It's no surprise they don't have the cash to put into keeping stuff like that in good condition. (On the other hand, I saw a bunch of crews working on the step pyramid at Sakhara doing something or other, so who knows.)

vwbabe84

New Challenger
this is the other side of cairo:
Whit my back to the pyramids you see this cairo. It started whit 1 palace from a rich guy after that they started to build the city. on the other site of the pyramids there is just desert.
DSC00698.jpg

The nile very dirty if you come close:
DSC00679.jpg
The houses of the locals and there is a lot worse there:
DSC00684.jpg

The local market in hurghada:
DSC00826.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00825.jpg