Nam Aes bad audio

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
Hey guys,

I recently received a copy of Nam for the AES from eBay. The audio seems to be pretty messed up. When the Snk logo appears at the beginning as well as during the intro with the voice overs there is ugly, scratchy sounding feedback in place of the voice overs and some of the sound effects.

I cleaned the cart twice with a q tip and alcohol and it did not fix the issue. The game is playable but I'm not very happy about this problem. Has this ever happened with anyone's AES games? Anything I should do about it? I don't really want to go through the hassle of shipping it back so I was going to ask the seller for a partial refund.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Happened to me with an MVS cart. One of the V chips was bad, replacing it fixed the cart.

Regards.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Happened to me with an MVS cart. One of the V chips was bad, replacing it fixed the cart.

Regards.

Usually the TTLs go bad before the V roms on the older carts. If you have a logic probe with audio, you can actually hear which chip is giving you problems.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Check V ROMs for bad solder points or damaged traces, else either V ROM or PCM chip.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Xian Xi, Good point! More likely 74 chip rather than V ROM or PCM.