Namaste! Members living in India?

Kristoff

Another Striker
'ello all,

I'm leaving for India next week. Flying into Mumbai and then I've got the next six months to wander with my backpack. Planning on heading North up to Dharmasala and South to Goa... and then everything in between.

I plan on crashing at friend's places, hostels, guest houses, and camping.

Anyway, are there any Neo members living or currently traveling/working in India? We should catch up and grab a drink if so.

Anyone? ::cricket:: ;)

aria

Former Moderator
I hope the weather is as agreeable as possible. I admit I've got to the point where I want to visit India (well, I always have) but with nothing but creature comforts --so I'll wait until I can be driven around by limousine/etc...

Have a lot of fun, Lonely Planet's always good for tourbooks on places like that --especially for siteseeing.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
6 months backpacking? Fucking awesome! Pack some heat.

Kristoff

Another Striker
The weather is going to be my enemy I think. I'm flying into Mumbai and the weather (according to Wii Forecast!) is right around 95 degrees. I think I'll stay in the city for about a month and then head east to some of the rural villages where the temperature is around 70 on average (closer to the Himalayas).

Apparently I should expect the heat to hit around 105 by June right before the monsoon season. I've lived in South America for awhile and I think I can handle the 90's without too much of a problem, but I'm expecting to get my ass kicked by anything over 100. We'll see.

And about packing 'heat'. Ha! If I had the money to even come close to buying a gun, I wouldn't be walking my ass around India, instead I'd be living it up with Bobak in his limo :)

Bobak said:
I hope the weather is as agreeable as possible. I admit I've got to the point where I want to visit India (well, I always have) but with nothing but creature comforts --so I'll wait until I can be driven around by limousine/etc...

Have a lot of fun, Lonely Planet's always good for tourbooks on places like that --especially for siteseeing.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
Kristoff said:
The weather is going to be my enemy I think. I'm flying into Mumbai and the weather (according to Wii Forecast!) is right around 95 degrees. I think I'll stay in the city for about a month and then head east to some of the rural villages where the temperature is around 70 on average (closer to the Himalayas).

Apparently I should expect the heat to hit around 105 by June right before the monsoon season. I've lived in South America for awhile and I think I can handle the 90's without too much of a problem, but I'm expecting to get my ass kicked by anything over 100. We'll see.

And about packing 'heat'. Ha! If I had the money to even come close to buying a gun, I wouldn't be walking my ass around India, instead I'd be living it up with Bobak in his limo :)

Awesome trip man, but do be careful. I've heard some not so lovely things about Mumbai...but it's probably just like any other major city.

Have fun and take lots of pictures!

aria

Former Moderator
If I were to do a really nice, get-away-from-it-all trip at this point, I would do the 88 temples of the Shikoku Pilgrimage. Not because of any particular spiritual beliefs, but because I would enjoy the relaxation and escape in a culture where I can be both alone but not in serious danger --relaxed and able to think (I'd walk it, and if apparently the temples do offer affordable lodging sometimes otherwise I'd probably spring for ryokens and hotels).

aria

Former Moderator
Dude, Kristoff, of the many places I would suggest visiting, if you're looking to visit a very historic place that isn't necessarily on most tourist itineraries, I have to give direction to the Mahabodhi Temple. Sit under the tree that Buddha did. Seriously.

aria

Former Moderator
I didn't realize there was a focus for Hindus (other than the Ganges), but apparently Varanasi is where you go for the true "Ganges" experience. It looks awesome.

(within Varanasi, you must see the temple Kashi Vishwanath Temple)

Man, I'm getting excited for you. Share pictures (probably only the highlights of 6 months ;) )

aria

Former Moderator
...or the Golden Temple in Amritsar.

The sat photo shows its cooler than any photo I'd previously seen.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
I wonder what the Mcdonalds consist of as I only eay chicken burgers or when I visited America this place called IN N OUT had this veg burger with cooked veg and cheese:drool:

Cant wait for that again in August/Sep

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
India is one of the places I also want to visit :)

aria

Former Moderator
The Legendary LoneWolf said:
I wonder what the Mcdonalds consist of as I only eay chicken burgers or when I visited America this place called IN N OUT had this veg burger with cooked veg and cheese:drool:

Cant wait for that again in August/Sep

A veggie burger at In N Out?

You're a fucking communist.

Did you have fries with that, comrade? :mad:

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
A veggie burger at In N Out?

You're a fucking communist.

Did you have fries with that, comrade? :mad:

and this is coming from a mothfucka who has a German on his avatar who were just as bad as the Ruassians :lol:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Bah, humbug.

This is what happens if someone's political insights and social skills come from UK yellow press papers like The Sun.

How old are you man, 70?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The Legendary LoneWolf said:
and this is coming from a mothfucka who has a German on his avatar who were just as bad as the Ruassians :lol:

???! wtf