Name that song: the thread

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Unlike the music thread, this one isn't about masturbatory one-upmanship based on who's listening to the coolest shit.

It's about describing something you heard (or used to hear) that you might never hear again unless you discovered the artist or song name.

It's about helping one another....so to start off here are 3 songs I've been going crazy trying to figure out where they came from.

1. This one is for people who know their classical music...it's a piano song that's sampled at the beginning of this underground rap track from Russia called I, Robot.

I swear I've heard the original somewhere, and it definitely sounds like it was written by a Russian composer but I have no idea where to start looking.

2. Ok, this one is pretty tough...I used to hear it on youtube highlight reels from the pride fighting days but those videos are long gone.....I think the last place on the internet where you can find this song is at the end of a very stupid flash animation on a website that hasn't been updated since 2005.
It's not from Pirates of the Caribbean, nor is it from Klaus Badelt....was it a theme song for one of the super bowls or something?

3. Alright, the last one is super vague and I'll probably never get to the bottom of this one. It was back in around 1995 and I saw the music video while I was in europe. Soundgarden's "Burden in My Hand" was getting heavy air time back then. If that's any help in narrowing down the era of music on MTV europe.

The song itself was very noisy, aggressive...sounded punky and brittish.
I THINK it had something to do with Iggy pop...maybe he was the artist or maybe "Iggy Pop" was just something in the song title.

The video just had a bunch of strung out addicts getting high on some yellow syruppy shit to the point their eye's irises went yellow like a vampire or something...and IIRC the background was all white....I think.

Anyway...those are my 3 songs...any help is appreciated and if there's something you're trying to remember, be my guest and post it up.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sorry Spoon... all of those are beyond me.

But I have one too...

If someone knows the artist and track name of the song played at the beginning of "Ask Propecia" on the Damn! Show... I'd appreciate it.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Man, this thread is way too complicated for me to participate in.