Naomi Capcom kick harness issue

Hey guys,

I have a Sega Astro City cab running a Naomi through a Capcom I/O.

I bought a kick harness that just arrived today, so I can use buttons 4-6 with Capcom's titles.

I plugged it in to the I/O and wired up the kick buttons as per instructions but none of them are working when I test inputs.

One of the buttons on the 2p side actually adds a credit, which i super weird, but the rest are just dead.

Previously I was running one of those multigame Mame PCs through it. I had the Jamma loom wired to run 6 buttons through that, using the spare connections on the loom.

I'm wondering if that is what's messing with the inputs?

However, these extra buttons have a plug so I can disconnect them from the jamma loom.

See here:

loom.JPG

I think the guy that wired them in added this so I'd be able to disconnect them and add as Capcom loom if needed.

At a bit of a loss on what to do. Any ideas?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Make sure the grounds are connected and double check the pinout.

Yeah, everything's grounded OK and I have double checked that each wire is going to the correct button according to the pinout.

So frustrating. The only thing I can think that;s doing it is the extra soldered wires on my main Jamma connector...

Really don't want to cut these though, just in case I'm wrong...

Ah - fixed it. Turns out the switch inside the I/O was turned to 4-player mode, not 2.

PHEW x 10000

Also: *blush*