Need help wiring a seimitsu stick in a mas controller

jonnyturbo

New Challenger
Have a mas stick but am in the process of replacing the happ joystick with a seimitsu one but I'm having trouble wiring it.
(happ stick no good for kof 2000)

The yellow and black wire when in contact with any of the other coloured wires triggers the input i.e yellow and black wire to orange = move backwards. But when attached to the stick I get no response (apart from orange to orange then when I move the stick to the right it moves the character).

Pic of the stick I want to replace with.
Gonna whip up a mounting bracket at work tomorrow and try and get it wired up and ready to play so a little help would be most appreciated.
Also I'm quite sure I have all the ground wires sorted out but not 100%.

Anyone have any ideas?
Sorry if this is confusing it's hard to explain.

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
The black wire on the stick is the ground, needs to be connected to the other ground wires, then the other coloured wires need to be connected to the right directions. Easiest way to find out which one is which is with a multimeter. Put one probe on the ground wire and another on one of the coloured wires then move the stick in each direction in turn, till you find out which one it is. (The meter will read open, or very high resistance until you find the right direction, then it should read very low resistance). If you haven't got a multimeter, you'll just have to experiment and swap the wires around till it moves the right way.

jonnyturbo

New Challenger
Just tried to wire it up again (no multimeter sorry), have it wired so i can move back and crouch backwards and jump backwards but that is all. Still have the black/yellow wire left over.
Any ideas?

Tinieblas

Marked Wolf
The black wire ain't the Ground, if you are using a Seimitsu wiring the Orange wire is the ground, if you are using a Sanwa wiring then yes the black wire is the ground, one more thing you have to pay attention to is how are you going to place the stick, most of the time the wires are place opposite to the buttons, (if you place the stick upside down the buttons would be on the left, the stick wiring would be on the far right) in this configuration here is how you should connect the wires:

Red: UP
Yellow: DOWN
Black: LEFT
Green: RIGHT
Orange: GROUND

hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions

jonnyturbo

New Challenger
Annnnnd 5 minutes later and I'm sorted. Many thanks Tinieblas oh wise master. After I make a new bracket tomorrow to mount this bad boy I might actually be able to fire some power waves off in KOF 2000, seriously no good with the Happ stick.
Thanks again man you saved me a lot of heart ache and time.

Tinieblas

Marked Wolf
Glad I was able to help, just remember if you change the direction of the stick, (left,up,down) then the whole configuration will change, except for the Orange wire, it doesn't matter how you place the stick that wire will always be Ground.

jonnyturbo

New Challenger
Thanks again there is enough space in the mas shell to fit it any which way, this will be good advice when/if I attempt Dubdubdub's AES stick with Sanwa parts swap.

Got another sort of related prob, just popped in Fatal Fury (got it in a job lot haven't rushed to play it) and every time I motion right the game pauses. I went into hardware check and when I input right on the stick its signalling right on player 1 and select on player 2. Any ideas on that one? at the moment it has only really affected FF but would like to sort it so nothing arises in the future.

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
Ah, apologies, wonder why on earth they used orange for the ground instead of the internationally recognised black? Lucky someone knows eh?