need some shipping advice please!!

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I am selling a large item on ebay (monitor new in the box) and was wondering what the best way to ship it would be. I went to the post office and asked the lady there and she said I could just tape the address on the top of the box and it would get there fine but I just dont feel comfortable sending a bare box with a 150$ monitor in it without some kind of "camoflage" Do yall think it would get there ok if I shipped it like that? Id like to wrap it in the thick brown paper that makes grocery bags but I dont know where to get it (outside of just going to the grocery store)

any advice??:eye:

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
How large is the monitor?
What kind of monitor is it?
Make sure the length of the box plus the circumference is equal to or under 108"
If this is the case,take the box to the UPS store and have them pack it in another container for you or do it yourself.
I wouldn't trust shipping it as the clerk suggested.
BB

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
its like 18 inches or maybe its 20. its an LCD monitor. Im pretty sure the dimensions of the box are under 108" as you specified. I would put it in another box myself but I dont really have access to any boxes of that size.

so UPS would be my best bet?

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Get some grocery store paper bags, wrap up the outside nice and neat, and then ship it.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The UPS store or some other professional packing service will pack it up for you at a cost of materials and a fee. That's your best bet if you want it to arrive in working order. The UPS store will even ship the parcel if that is what you desire.
BB

Orochi_invisibleink said:
its like 18 inches or maybe its 20. its an LCD monitor. Im pretty sure the dimensions of the box are under 108" as you specified. I would put it in another box myself but I dont really have access to any boxes of that size.

so UPS would be my best bet?

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
BIG BEAR said:
The UPS store or some other professional packing service will pack it up for you at a cost of materials and a fee. That's your best bet if you want it to arrive in working order. The UPS store will even ship the parcel if that is what you desire.
BB

What BB said. It's worth the extra money. I work for a Logistics company, and trust me professional packing is best. There are tons of options now, as far as packing to keep things safe. Otherwise you'll be dealing with a buyer who wants a refund for a broken monitor.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Since it's an LCD you can take more liberties.