Need to switch tubes on my NAC

Metalslug

Cham Cham's Banana,
20 Year Member
Anyone able to help me switch out my burned in monitor for a new tube? I have a separate tube that is burn free. Looks too complicated.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
looking the same and being the same are two different things.... they need to have identical pins on the back of the yoke obviously (the yoke is the end of the tube) and you need to read the sticker nomenclature on each one to see if they are indeed the same or compatible tubes with the chassis that is on your current monitor in the cab....
as far as electrocution, there are tons of explanations online for how to easily and safely discharge a monitor anode. so long as the two tubes end up being compatible, it should be a really easy swap as long as you use a little common sense and study up on the subject to be honest.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Its simple to discharge, I use a long metal screwdriver with a grounded wire wrapped around it... Press against the tube back, and slide the tip under the cap. Normally you can hear a "pop" when you make contact.

Like max mega is saying however, If you have any difference in yoke or tube... Be ready for horrible geometry/scrambled images etc.