Neo 4 slot problem....

oni2382

New Challenger
Whats up? recently got a 4 slot conversion with a filthy 4 slot mobo, that would play carts in slots 1 and 2 just fine....but 3 and 4 would have nasty graphical glitches. After taking it apart and using a tooth brush and alcohol I managed to get some of the gunk off and saw little improvement.....So I broke down, took the battery off, and the bios chip, sprayed both mobos with degreaser and hosed it off......baked in the sun for a few hours, took a leaf blower too it (I don't have a compressor and people have said canned air was ineffective) put it all together and ALL 4 SLOTS work with sound....except....slot 4 has lines in the graphics....cart was cleaned and tried numerous carts with the same results....any ideas??

attachment.php

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If its only slot 4 then check the traces under that slot. It could also be corroded pins in the cart slot.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Is this a version one board or a revision?

I had this same issue years ago with a version 1 4 slotter, but it was with slot 3. I can be pretty sure it wont be a dirty slot, but give it a clean with light sand paper wrapped around a bank card just to be sure. Id say one of the LS chips that controls slot 4 is either bad or has a bad connection to it.

Have a real close look at the tracks around slot 4 and see what you can see, if you dont see anything at all, check a couple of the through holes, and see what you find there.

Is this a version one board or a revision?

oni2382

New Challenger
I'm not sure what revision it is...But its the Mobo with the holes in the cage. Upon further inspection I noticed some corrosion on one of the pins in slot 4...I'll clean it with sandpaper and a wire brush tonight....Thanks for the help guys. I'll probably end up selling the mobo once its fixed.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Not a wire brush youll bend the pins!!

The cover with the holes is the first version.