NEO-AEC Stick - cosmetic fixes

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Does anyone know where I can source a replacement ball for the controller stick?

Also I'd really like to find some sort of decal to replace the golden NEO GEO lettering, it's completely faded away.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The ball I usually use a Sanwa 35mm ball top screws right on. It's an arcade stick so you can use any standard ball top, I think for bat tops you would need an adapter.

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've ordered black Seimitsu LB-30 (30mm) to replace, but they haven't arrived yet. Once they do I'll let you know if they work out. Seimitsu 35mm worked too, but ball part was a little bigger. Now that I've ordered the 30mm, I'll probably end up liking the 35mm more.

toodles

Zero's Secretary
Not necessarily; the original is 30mm. If you liked that, the 30mm is the way to go. I used 30mm Seimitsu balltops on all of mine. 35mm felt too large and heavy when I tried it.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Yeah, for me 35mm really throws off the balance, and the throw (hmm, no pun intended). I don't like it as a replacement. Thankfully I only put a 35mm balltop on as a curiosity and not out of necessity.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I come in at a 45 degree angle, my index finger curving around the top of the ball to the front, thumb on the bottom/side and middle finger next to my index finger on the opposite side of my thumb. Almost like I'd hold a pencil in that same position.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Interesting, I use a reverse grip but only use my index and middle finger.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I guess holding under the ball wouldnt really matter. But if you go from the top you have the added weight and the 5mm height difference, both of those really messed with me.

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I got the black Seimitsu LB-30 and they are same size as original on old style Neo Geo controller.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Thanks for the info about the ball guys, appreciate it.
Does anyone have any suggestions about the faded logo though?