Neo Geo 4-Slot getting into the test menu?.

Ace

New Challenger
Is there a dipswitch / test button on 4 slot motherboards?. I got a dedicated 4 slot machine recently and I want to get into the test menu to fix the colour on the monitor. The board is really hard to get to but I had a quick look and couldn't see any switches. I am going to have to solder a test switch to the jamma connector?.

TIA Ace.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
There is a small bank of DIP switches on one side of the board. Flip #1 IIRC.

Or you can simply boot the system without a game cart in it. You'll get the hardware tests and can switch through them with the 1 player start button.

RJ

Ace

New Challenger
Thanks RJ removing the carts sounds like the easiest way.

Ace.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Removing the carts and booting it gets you to the hardware test -- you can show color bars, check input, and play test beeps. Flipping the DIP gets you into the settings menu, which I don't think has any tests.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
SpamYouToDeath said:
Flipping the DIP gets you into the settings menu, which I don't think has any tests.

First option is the hardware test option when using dip #1. You also have software settings (difficuly level/# of continues/ # of lives / etc), financial info for each game, and a few other options.

Also it's alpt easier to flip a dip switch then it is to remove all the carts. Besides, if you plan on owning MVS stuff, you need to learn how to do stuff like this.