NEO GEO Cab price?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
From a person who has owned more than 20 (not at once) cabs over time; Take advantage of the advice and info in this site, many of us bought in to so many cabs 'cause this info wasn't out there and 'cause most of us didn't know any better. Research is your best ally and secondly, patience is a virtua.

I paid 600 for my 4-slot big red, but it came with 14 carts and 3 full kits+ a bunch of extra paperwork and stuff. 400 should get you a really nice cab if you're patient.

Picked up a 'player' shape cab for $300 from a local who upgraded to a Big Red. I think he was giving a bit of a 'bro' price (even though we had never met) because I didn't seem like someone that would flip, part, multi, or do anything else unfavorable to it after purchase.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
The only one on cl right now is some guy trying to charge $900, I offered 6 and fully expect a rude reply.

The only one on cl right now is some guy trying to charge $900, I offered 6 and fully expect a rude reply.

900 bucks for a 4 slot in pristine condition with some games, a memory card, and some other goodies would be reasonable. Anything other than that is silly.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I feel like woodies are just stupid priced around here in NC. Like someone jumped the gun and paid over $1k somewhere and now anyone who has one to sell thinks they can get top-dollar for it. Granted in my time here (in NC) I tend to see more deluxe cabs for sale like, Silent Scope, Cruisn etc... and not too many default woodies like dynamos.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I feel like woodies are just stupid priced around here in NC. Like someone jumped the gun and paid over $1k somewhere and now anyone who has one to sell thinks they can get top-dollar for it. Granted in my time here (in NC) I tend to see more deluxe cabs for sale like, Silent Scope, Cruisn etc... and not too many default woodies like dynamos.

I'm pretty bummed on it but I think building a supergun and playing the long game will work just fine for me.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I paid 700 euros for my Super Neo 29 last year. It did came with Blazing Star, Metal Slug 3 and X, Windjammers. When i got there to pick it up he threw in KOF 94 and 97 in for free.

During the auction there were 2 people in a bidding war and got to a little over 500 euros. The first time i saw it i knew this would be like a once in your lifetime opportunity, becaus candies are ultra rare here in Europe.

I jumped the gun and have never regretted it ever since. My advice is go for it if you feel like it, especially when you live in an area where it's not easy to find arcade machines.

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
In my years of working in an arcade, and seeing machines come and go to collectors, I'd say play the long game and wait for a gem. I have 2 MVS cabs. The first, a 2-slot, I bought from a guy on craigslist for $550. It came with Metal Slug 2 and KoF '95 and some extra paperwork and marquees etc. Granted, it's in great shape, nice marquee lights, recapped monitor chassis etc. I feel like I didn't spend too much, and I really got my money out of it.

Then, a few months later, I found my 4-slot. I was away on business, and I stopped at a little podunk mall to get a new pair of shoes. There was an arcade there, so I stopped in to check it out. The guy ended up showing me all the various older games and cabinets he had in his back area that he thought "kids wouldn't like because they're too old." Can't make this stuff up. Either way, there was a beautiful 4-slot sitting in the corner, and he said the board and monitor both "needed work." I asked if he'd sell it and I ended up getting the cab with about 10+ games and a few full kits for a steal at $150. Luckily I had my truck, and loaded it up right there :lolz:

I ended up fixing it up, and got it working great. Even the ELA panels at the top work. So Tl;Dr, just be patient and you'll end up finding a great deal. Worst case, you save enough money to buy a candy or really nice cab.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
So I'm ordering a vogatek PCB tonight, what should I expect to pay for a 1 or 4 slot MVS PCB? Is eBay my best bet?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Get yourself a 1 slot. going rate is about 60-80 depending on model.

agreed. The 1 slots are Jamma ready which is nice. The MV-1C might be a little pricier since ppl like to consolize those, so there is a bit more demand for them. I have an MV-1FZ. It's worked great for me for over 4 years, so I've never had a reason to look into getting a different model.

@Sudo, I know you had your heart set on getting a cab soon, but I think you'll find playing real arcade hardware + Software on a supergun is pretty badass, and that should hold you over till something shows up. Lemme know when you get a Neo board, I'll give ya a game ;)

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
CG
agreed. The 1 slots are Jamma ready which is nice. The MV-1C might be a little pricier since ppl like to consolize those, so there is a bit more demand for them. I have an MV-1FZ. It's worked great for me for over 4 years, so I've never had a reason to look into getting a different model.

@Sudo, I know you had your heart set on getting a cab soon, but I think you'll find playing real arcade hardware + Software on a supergun is pretty badass, and that should hold you over till something shows up. Lemme know when you get a Neo board, I'll give ya a game ;)

Yeah I'm kind of excited about this for now and it will give me more reason to use the pvm. Hell yeah thanks man! I will let you know how it goes.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

pretty sure i have a samurai shodown i can give him. need to find my blank shellstto put it tgether first lol

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
All ordered, now the long wait until everything gets here. Super excited, thanks everyone for the help and Kid Panda for helping me find a good MVS board. Now to load up on cheap shitty games from ebay.

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
All ordered, now the long wait until everything gets here. Super excited, thanks everyone for the help and Kid Panda for helping me find a good MVS board. Now to load up on cheap shitty games from ebay.

It's actually pretty hard to come across a shitty Neo game. Go wild. I was in your same shoes a couple months ago but instead went the CMVS route until I can find a cab. You definitely won't be disappointed. An original four slotter cab popped up here locally for $300 about a month ago. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not grabbing it but due to unforeseen circumstances it would have been a dumb move on my part. The generosity here is outstanding and the info is abundant. You're wise to take advantage of it instead of jumping in head first with out another opinion!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I sold my dedicated neo-25, which was originally a 1 slot, upgraded to a 4 slot, with universe bios, and samurai shodown 1 for $500.00. It was dedicated, and had all new happs controls. I don't think I would pay more than $300.00 for this cab, assuming it works perfect.

Honestly, I would not buy this cab unless it's a steal, like the $200.00 range, even then, I don't think I would really like it.

have you contemplated getting a supergun from xian xi?

unless I was buying a candy cab, a xian xi gun would be the best best, for me at least. I am very happy with mine.