Neo Geo Games at Seattle Retro Gaming Expo and Portland Retro Gaming Expo.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I'm thinking about attending one of those events for the first time this coming year, just wondering if there are usually a large selection of vendors that sells neo stuff. It would be great if some one here who had attended in the past share some overall experience of what to expect.

Thanks!

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
If I go to Portland this year, I'll bring the usual hoard of neo stuff.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
It would be cool, I've been wanting to try out your Omega. Still waiting for my tax return so I can get one :drool:

bdlou

Quiz Detective
I'm trying to rack my brain to remember if I saw ANY Neo stuff at the last two SRGE's. I don't believe I did. They are cool events, but most of the vendors are selling at/above eBay pricing. There are some hidden gems, and as Sunday wraps up, they start doing the discounting so they don't have to haul as much stuff back.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Only neo stuff I say in Portland was a jpn ass and two mvs cardboard boxes for the carts. When I asked about them the jackass sold the games and still wanted $20 for each box

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Thank you guys for the inputs, looks like the last day of the event is the best to attend for good deals. Too bad there isn't more vendors that sells neo stuff.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I went to this last PRGE. I don't recall seeing much NG stuff. Maybe an AES or NCD here and there, but nothing really screaming at me.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
PRGE is pretty much as bdlou described. You might as well save money by staying home and buying stuff on eBay. Wasn't like that when I went to my first CGE back in '04, but now that "retrogaming" has caught on as a mainstream thing, vendors have no reason not to charge insane prices at gaming expos, since the hipsters that attend them are more than happy to shell out the cash.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
I went to this last PRGE. I don't recall seeing much NG stuff. Maybe an AES or NCD here and there, but nothing really screaming at me.

I was a early entry and as soon as I saw the AES and started to pull money out someone scooped it up! My wife was pretty impressed with my spotting of the boxes for the carts.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I was a early entry and as soon as I saw the AES and started to pull money out someone scooped it up! My wife was pretty impressed with my spotting of the boxes for the carts.

I wasn't hunting for NG stuff at the time. I was on the hunt for a 3DO for my console collection, which I scooped up with early entry. I would've gone on the last day, but I only requested Saturday off. I may be looking for a NGCD when I go this year.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Maybe next year we can meet up, This next year I will be hunting for sega cd's again lol

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Maybe next year we can meet up, This next year I will be hunting for sega cd's again lol

I've already got those days requested off. When it get's closer, I'll PM you. I'm gonna be with couple friends from work and meet up with some FB group friends too.