Neo Geo games that $$$ too much which you won't play...

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I was wondering how many of you have a Neo Geo game or games which you won't play (or rarely play) due to the cost of it? I would only play my English Metal Slug 2 on special occasions or if I had to prove if it worked or not. I know it is "just" a game but I can't seem to force myself to play it because I am worried about damaging it. I have only played it twice and I doubt I will ever play it again.

I also don't play my Ninja Master's that much and I doubt I will play my Blazing Star very much either. This defeats the purpose of having a Neo Geo but it is a concern of mine to devalue them my using them - just in case I have to sell them one day. Do any of you have a similar problem?

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
I'm a gamer, not a collector, so I won't pay stupid amounts for a game I'm never going to play.

shir0

Later, Gumm0
Makismo said:
I was wondering how many of you have a Neo Geo game or games which you won't play (or rarely play) due to the cost of it? I would only play my English Metal Slug 2 on special occasions or if I had to prove if it worked or not. I know it is "just" a game but I can't seem to force myself to play it because I am worried about damaging it. I have only played it twice and I doubt I will ever play it again.

I also don't play my Ninja Master's that much and I doubt I will play my Blazing Star very much either. This defeats the purpose of having a Neo Geo but it is a concern of mine to devalue them my using them - just in case I have to sell them one day. Do any of you have a similar problem?

A little less time on games there champ, a little more time on your social skills.

mykockle

n00b
Makismo said:

I'm the complete opposite, if I’ve paid a lot for something, I'm gonna squeeze every last cent out of my games.... I'm a gamer, not a collector, much like I am with comics, I'm there for the content as apposed to any sort of collectors’ value. :glee:

Zayon

NEST Puppet
My two most expensive purchases for the Neo is Blazing Star and Twinkle Star Sprites. And oh do I play them. :D

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
ROTD is the game I paid the most for and I play the hell out of it. If had Blazing Star it would be in my AES non-stop.

PLECO

I am an old, old man. ,
I don't care how much they are worth.
I play them like the games they are.

Zayon

NEST Puppet
The only difference about the two carts I mentioned and "the rest" is, I generally don't let my friends insert BS or TSS. Not because I don't trust them, I would just feel bad having to ask them for shitloads of money if they somehow mess up seriously.

OTAKU

n00b
why there is always so much envy when it comes to AES Collectors? If you are only a gamer...ok buy the MVS Carts and be happy, but dont be envious to the AES Gamers/Collectors because you cannot afford the AES Carts.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PLECO said:
I don't care how much they are worth.
I play them like the games they are.

word.

(not that I own any super-expensive carts anyway :emb: )

But in the future I`ll get a ninja master`s cart to finish off my neogeo swordfighting games collection , but that´s as far as I`ll go costwise.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
nope, I play the shit out of anything ,regardless of value.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
just like i will never let my friends turn my NeoGeo AES on.
i wouldnt even let my friends insert my KOF'96 JP cart into my system.
NeoGeo AES costs too much to let other people who dont understand the value, wreck it from a simple accident.

i dont even let people touch my consoles except my PS2 wich i dont care for as much as my other consoles.

if anything is of decent Value it SHOULD stay that way.

i know youll think this is sad but my friend was using my NeoGeo pro controller and the way he used it was so....rough i didnt feel to comfortable seeing that.

lol i care toooooooooooooo much for my Video Games.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Pfft. My friend's son Jonathan and I used to go at Metal Slug 3 all the time. I'm not anal about games. I'm more protective about my car than my games.

Any time I have kids at my house, they're usually stuck to the TV because I let them play whatever they want (The most violent game I have is Silent Hill 3, but noone wants to play playstation when there's a neo in the house).

They're games to me and nothing more. Yes, I enjoy them and let others enjoy a godly system they may never see again outside of emulation.

Sure, my carts have scuff marks on them or whatever. Who cares. I just use them as they were intended and certainly don't obsess over them.

PLAY YOUR GAMES DAMMIT!

Martha Stewart

New Challenger
Magnaflux said:
Pfft. My friend's son Jonathan and I used to go at Metal Slug 3 all the time. I'm not anal about games. I'm more protective about my car than my games.

Any time I have kids at my house, they're usually stuck to the TV because I let them play whatever they want (The most violent game I have is Silent Hill 3, but noone wants to play playstation when there's a neo in the house).

They're games to me and nothing more. Yes, I enjoy them and let others enjoy a godly system they may never see again outside of emulation.

Sure, my carts have scuff marks on them or whatever. Who cares. I just use them as they were intended and certainly don't obsess over them.

PLAY YOUR GAMES DAMMIT!

Are you playing with kids????
los-mjackson.jpg

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I play my games despite their value. I don't see the point in paying for them if you're not going to play them. I've been collecting kits. I have 9 now, all matching serials and the other week my pissed mates accidently crushed my SvC kit which left a tear on the box and put dints into Zupapa! and Super Dodge Ball. I felt so empty but I realised it doesn't matter, the game still works. If it's a money factor, then I should be more concerned about the stock market and whether my shares are up or down. Not the condition of Neo Geo games and whether the serials match on the box and cart. I'm in this for the gameplay and I'm only buying loose from now on.

Makismo, I suggest you sell Metal Slug 2.

Zayon

NEST Puppet
lachlan said:
NeoGeo AES costs too much to let other people who dont understand the value, wreck it from a simple accident.

i dont even let people touch my consoles except my PS2 wich i dont care for as much as my other consoles.

i know youll think this is sad but my friend was using my NeoGeo pro controller and the way he used it was so....rough i didnt feel to comfortable seeing that.

Like I said. The only reason I don't let my friend insert BS or TSS is because those games are so expensive, if anyone happen to by accident mess them up it should be me. I trust my friend very much, he loves Neo Geo and he certainly knows the value. When he inserts games he's even more careful then me although usually he doesn't even WANT to insert the carts so he always asks me to do it.

Furious Anger

Banned
lachlan said:

Does the guy have caveman hands or what?

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
Makismo said:

Not if you own MVS... :lol:

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Pando said:
I play my games despite their value. I don't see the point in paying for them if you're not going to play them. I've been collecting kits. I have 9 now, all matching serials and the other week my pissed mates accidently crushed my SvC kit which left a tear on the box and put dints into Zupapa! and Super Dodge Ball. I felt so empty but I realised it doesn't matter, the game still works. If it's a money factor, then I should be more concerned about the stock market and whether my shares are up or down. Not the condition of Neo Geo games and whether the serials match on the box and cart. I'm in this for the gameplay and I'm only buying loose from now on.

Makismo, I suggest you sell Metal Slug 2.

My Metal Slug 2 is my baby. I would never sell my baby. Would you sell your baby? I have seen some people sell their Neo baby's but not me. :shame:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Makismo said:
My Metal Slug 2 is my baby. I would never sell my baby. Would you sell your baby? I have seen some people sell their Neo baby's but not me. :shame:

Fine, don't play it. Doesn't bother me. I mean, I didn't pay the exorbitant amount for it to gather dust on a shelf, you did.. :glee:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
You can still play expensive games without devalueing them - you just have to be a little careful. Personally, I have the only expensive AES games that I own on MVS also, so I just play the MVS cart and avoid the hassle.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Well im a collector & gamer.....but even though i may have lots of money in some of my carts does not mean i won't play them....as i will never sell them anyway...i have rare 10 yo carts...still in the same condition as when i purchased them...my euro stakes gets played...euro double dragon , blazing star , jap kizuna, euro world heroes perfect...etc ..etc...
Btw...the only ones i won't touch are my sealed doubles...
These games were made to be enjoyed & appreciated...Played!. not agonised over.