Neo-Geo in Japan

Ghosthand

n00b
So, I'm going to Japan soon and just wanted to know if anybody out there knows about any obscure places to buy AES and MVS games. I'm only going to be in the Kansai area--Osaka, Kyoto--so don't bother with the Tokyo area. I already know and have been to SuperPotato, its an awesome place, but I don't think they carry any MVS carts. Anybody know of any other places in DenDen Town or in Kyoto? Hit me up! Or, if you have any suggestions of things to be on the look out for, let me know!

Ghosthand

n00b
Wow, so no one here has bought any MVS or AES carts over in Japan recently? I know there are some shops in Akihabara that sell MVS carts, but I need to know if there are any in Osaka. Someones got to know something.:scratch:
:A:

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
Several years ago (2003) I was in Osaka and was amazed at how much Neo stuff there was in the general population of game stores. I don't have any secret locations or anything though. Enjoy yourself over there and good luck.

Oresama

Rugal's Thug
Japanese stores can be convenient, however you may also suffer from a bit of sticker shock. Yes, most of these stores are just trying to rip you off (especially if they don't have prices marked on the carts) but some games have always been more expensive in Japan for some reason. Breakers Revenge is one of these. I can't ever remember seeing it for less than 12 or 13k in Japan. Mark of the Wolves goes for about 3000-4000 though, so it would be a good time to pick one up if you need it.

Ghosthand

n00b
Thanks for the responses so far. The last time I was in Japan, which was in early 2007, I was crazy about getting a bunch of cheap X360 games so thats where all of my money went and I didn't really check out a whole lot of the Neo stuff which I really regret. But that was in Tokyo and I do remember seeing a lot of high priced Neo AES stuff, but I actually don't remember seeing any MVS carts. When I go, i'm looking to get both AES and MVS but I already know i'll be able to find plenty of the former, but what about MVS? Any places to buy besides Tokyo?

Anyways, i'm planning on taking some pics of what I discover there in Nihon, Neo related, so i'll be sure to post what I find.

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Hi there,

try retro TV revival (i think thats whats its called) just a few shops down from Super Potato in Osaka.

There's also a chain called Tiger or Super Tiger? which sell neo games if i remember rightly. I was there last year - happy game hunting.

I didn't find any neo stuff in Kyoto, but plenty in Osaka :-)

smshun

n00b
Please try the superpotato in Akihabara.
You will enjoy staying there for half day I think.

Ghosthand

n00b
Well, I'm leaving tomorrow! So excited and can't wait to see what kind of Neo goodness I will find there! I'm def going to Super Potato and that Retro Revival place, but I'm just hoping i'll be able to uncover some unknown places that sell MVS and arcade PCBs gear. Well, whatever I find, i'll let everyone here know when I get back (and I'm done playing with everything...)
Peace for now.

Shou-sama

Armored Scrum,
There are only 2 major PCB shops in Kansai, one is expensive, the other is just OK but they have little stock so I wouldn't bother with them. Just go to Tokyo. :D Kyoto does not have much a game shop scene, just go to Osaka for that.