Neo Geo Pocket

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Yo.

I have an idea to combine the Hyper 64 forum with the Neo Geo Pocket and Neo CD folk. Should get some good cross traffic that way and hopefully rejuvinate the NGPC.

Thoughts peeps?

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Hey guys,

Not a bad idea. Though ofcource it is slow on these systems, no new games are made since years. I think its pretty good any handheld is welcome in this section, so I'm kinda back for the new handheld era =)

Last edited:

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
I was just playing some Puzzle Bobble Mini the other day and I had a thought of what happened to the potp...

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
D-Lite said:
Yo.

I have an idea to combine the Hyper 64 forum with the Neo Geo Pocket and Neo CD folk. Should get some good cross traffic that way and hopefully rejuvinate the NGPC.

Thoughts peeps?

I think it's a good idea.

It's not that I don't like having a handheld forum, but at this time this forum has turned into a PSPvsDS fanboys speculation feast.

[OCEAN]

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I need to bust out my NGPC again so I can play MOTM as well as Rockman Battle & Fighters. Good stuff indeed.

The People Of The Pocket are still around. ;)

Marco's Arms Dealer

Ukyo's Doctor
hey hey, I moved out of vegas back to chicago didn't get the internet til last week and some days...and I still play CFC1 SNK version still.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I don't believe I ever officially joined the ranks of People of the Pocket, but I am playing the hell outta my NGPC games. I think it's rare when i don't fondle the Neo Geo Pocket at least once a day.

O

ONE!

And some new. :)

Hey you guys! I used to visit the reviews section frequently to find information regarding NG games (and still will). I remember when TonK had a raffle for his NG system and it inspired me to do something similar with a system we have. Afterwards, I began to visit often just to browse around and see what people were talking about.

I'm also here because I'd like the help of the entire NG(PC) community. We used to sell the Neo Geo Pocket Color with 6 games (not the blister pack; these games had their own boxes with the exception of only 2 of them). I never really paid that much attention to it, but it seemed like such a good handheld that I embarked on a project in April of this year to improve it somehow. Recently, I played Metal Slug 1 and 2 and they are indeed quite good. It proved to me that if we could promote a system like this which was perceived as good by those who knew about it, we can promote it to those who don't know about it to spark a larger interest in it. Why? Because the games made for it were designed with the end-user in mind: to be fun and addictive.

The project we're working on is a photonics experiment and the NGPC is the first in line to be enhanced. We're attempting to custom-build a frontlight into the system which hopefully has a high level of diffusion and looks exceptionally clear. Feasibiliy studies and hands-on research has shown that we will be able to do it once we can find a manufacturer to supply us with the appropriate parts, which is the phase we're in. It's not something that is being rushed, it was necessary to take time to "understand" the system itself and to see whether doing so would make newcomers and those of us who have a non-lit system, happy. You can't imagine how good it is to see a child play a system like this which has a frontlight built in it and all they can think about while looking at it is how to defeat a boss.

However, your help is needed. We are selling some items that will contribute to our overall goals which are not limited to this project and will go beyond the scope of this once we find viable manufacturers. Consider purchasing the items below: they all ship free for USA customers and we accept Visa, MasterCard, AMEX and Diners Club (issued after November 8th). Do not hesitate to contact me for pictures, more information, or to just talk.

----------------------------------------
Neo Geo Pocket Color
$17.95 - [NEW] Metal Slug 2: 2nd Mission. Game and small plastic case only.

WonderSwan Color
$99.95 - [NEW] WonderSwan Final Fantasy II Set, includes the following:

- White WonderSwan Color Final Fantasy Game Console
- Final Fantasy Artbox
- A Final Fantasy "Premium Strap"
- Final Fantasy II Game for the WonderSwan Color (JAP)
- New Panasonic "AA" Battery (included with WonderSwan, but may not work)
- Associated literature for the Final Fantasy II Set (JAP)
- Final Fantasy Origins: Final Fantasy I & II for the PlayStation (English)

$49.95 - [NEW] Blue Violet SwanCrystal + Any WS Game
[NEW] Pearl Blue WonderSwan Color + Any WS Game
[NEW] Crystal Black WonderSwan Color + Any WS Game

What games do we have for you to choose from?

Terrors 2 (Color)
ONEPIECE: Treasure Wars
Battle Gate: Dark Eyes
Bistro Recipe (Black and White)

See it here: http://www.livedeal.com/ShowItemDetail?id=373762

Game Boy Advance SP
$180.00 - [NEW] Sword of Mana Game Boy Advance SP Set, includes the following:

- A "Mana Blue" Game Boy Advance SP
- A "Legend of Seiken" Game (Japanese version of the Sword of Mana)
- A Licensed Square Enix carry pouch
- A USA/Japan compatible power adapter
- Japanese literature

See it here: http://www.livedeal.com/ShowItemDetail?id=346011

NOTE: Neo-Geo.com members can get an additional discount by purchasing merchandise totaling at least $20.00; once this minimum has been met, the system above can be purchased for $160.00.

DVDs
$59.95 [NEW] Fooly Cooly (PAL, Region 4) Volume 3 DVD + Limited Edition Box + NewType USA (latest edition, which includes a DVD again)

See it here: http://www.onetruegem.com/products/FLCL/FLCLIntl.htm

I thank you all very much. Once we have working prototypes, movies and pictures will be posted on our website as well as the distribution of them for evaluation purposes, if possible.

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
I just picked up an NGPC, and I think I like it better than my AES. I also got 14 games with it. Anyways, it will take me a long while to master all of them so I will have lots to ask and talk about.

I think we should make a Neogeo Miscellaneous systems section, and lump all other Neogeo systems into that forum.

It might be cool to speak to all the other miscellaneous Neogeo system owners in one forum.