Neo-Geo Supersellers

benares

Kula's Candy
Anyone have an order outstanding?

Does anyone plan to do another group buy?

They have some items I am interested in but I would feel safe if I ordered with other people in a group buy situation.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I think DreamH2o tried to do a group buy from Super Sellers, but couldn't ever get a response from Shinichirou. He finally gave up on the deal.

If I were you, I wouldn't feel uncomfortable about buying from Super Sellers. As long as you can accept the price and shipping cost, it should be fine.

But, there is something to be said for a group order where the shipping costs can be spread out . . .
smile.gif

Shawn

snkusa.com
The secret to contacting Shin of Super Sellers is by consistently emailing him at least twice a day over a period of weeks. He will eventually respond. This method is not guaranteed to work with NCS.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Its not guaranteed to work for NCS (emailing them twice a day for weeks) because they already responded to your original message, and each additional message from you to them is just unnecessary nagging. Its like the little kid in the back seat of a car saying "are we there yet? are we there yet?" over and over. NCS doesn't have the information to answer you yet, other than to say they'll place you on their waiting list. If you're not comfortable with that situation, then cover your bets and preorder the game from a few other sources. Uh, lets see, there's Buyrite (hehe), Japan Video Games, Super Sellers (only $430 each at his website, what a steal . . . ), etc.

But think about one more thing. If NCS gets lots of preorders (as I believe they have) and they go ahead and promise you 20 carts (which they can't do until they have a guaranteed quantity), what if 20 people on their list behind you get burned, and are told they can't get the one cart they ordered? I know your response might be they should have ordered sooner, or whatever, but the fairest thing to do in that situation is to ration the carts. If there is scarce supply of a commodity, high demand, then ration it. Price isn't performing that function here, it seems like no matter what price Aruze sets, people will buy this cartridge. I know one thing, if it weighs in at $430 a pop, I'll seriously reconsider buying two of them . . . probably just stop at one.

Shawn

snkusa.com
NCS did not respond to my onslaught of messages until Tue 11/7/00. The last time NCS emailed me before November 7th was Tue 5/30/00 concerning Metal Slug 3. I bombarded them with the same email of questions for weeks until they finally responded. Unfortunately, they have yet to answer the questions in my emails to my satisfaction. My logic is that NCS increases their order, that has yet to be placed, x amount of carts. From my view, I would think that this would be the ideal order for them. It’s like they knock out 20 orders in one shot. It’s too bad that they won’t give me the time of day.

That’s nice that you are a loyal enough customer to gladly pay whatever price they finally decide on. You are definitely the ideal customer!

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well yes I am a loyal customer, absolutely. But as for gladly paying any price they decide upon, I can tell you one thing: NCS consistently prices their product WELL BELOW any other competitor's levels when it comes to almost any product. NGPC Evolution for $48, when they're selling on eBay for $100+? Yep. NGPC Last Blade (European version, hard case, in English) for $39, when they're almost impossible to find for less than $70-$80? Yep. Metal Slug 3 for $268, you know that one, Buywrong jacked the cart way up and nobody else offered it at that price. Dreamcast Vampire Chronicles for $53, when these are supposedly very hard to find and always go for much higher prices? Yep. All that flood of new Neo carts, all brand new but priced ridiculously low? Yep. I could go on, but you should get the point by now. Whatever price NCS arrives at for KOF 2K, I'm confident that it will be WELL BELOW any other source. You can order from Dion if you want to, but I would think by now you'd have learned your lesson about dealing with "NGF", such as it is. But if Dion promises to get you 20 carts, and locks in a price, then by all means go for it. We'll all be here ready to hear about how he burned you on your latest deal, jacked the price up after promising you $299, couldn't deliver more than 2 carts, etc. etc. etc. Funny how some things never change.

uhoh3.gif

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Wow. I only had to e-mail Supersellers once, and he responded. My practice is that I only e-mail people once. Twice or thrice if I am really desperate. I e-mailed ncsx about Evolution 3 times, and I din't hear from them about this paricular reservation, untill just past Thursday (about a month later). From this experience, it looks like NCSX keeps every e-mail, even if they don't respond. And they willl respond eventually. I don't think they will take multiple KOF 2000 ordedrs, though. They responded w/ every other e-mails within 2 days, and I only had to e-mail them once. Going to do more business with them
smile.gif

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
If you order from them, make sure you check his confirmation e-mail very precisely. He changed one of the games I ordered (from new to used) which I didn't catch until after they were on their way. He actually tried over-charging me on a game as well, but I saw that much in the first e-mail. It was the second message where he swapped the new FFS for the used one, the bum.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
I've just sent Super Sellers my 6th e-mail regarding my order from a month ago. Let's hope that they eventually come through.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
just sent another one to ncs

fuck knows why i'm doin all of this

prolly cos i DO want spin-bloody-master

but aye
i know they wont answer

the lazy cunts

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
ncs is a really good sight..i know i had a problem with my metal slug 3 with them i was worried that i was going to get it...trying to verify i was on reserve list..so i emailed them like twice a day and no response..so i called them ..they apologizes but when they see certain headers like i was using "reserve metalslug3" they just save them....so when it game down to ordering i had about twelve reserved when i wanted only one..so the problem was they get so many emails they jsut save them for future reference...your best bet is a vague heading or email title like snk...when i email them to reserve my games they responded twice with no problems ...later all

benares

Kula's Candy
I think I will give them a shot...

I plan to pay by credit card. To those who have done so and actually received product - how have you done this? Just emailed the credit card information right in the email? Do you worry someone else might get a hold of it?

Just a little nervous - my first purchase outside the US

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
benares, NEVER send your credit card info by email to ANYONE. It isn't secure. Super Sellers has a secure payment page where you can make the payment by credit card. Shin will send you the info after he confirms your order.

JRock917

, ,
Every time I have contacted NCS by phone they have been able to confirm my preorder of KOF 2000, and they have done so once by email; so far I feel good about it, and I have only called them once regarding this to make doubly sure I was on the list. I ordered from Supersellers about two and a half months ago, still no response. I am going to see what I can find domestically before I attempt to deal with them again.

VinylBoy

*shakes his head*

Just a terrible way on doing business... not responding to e-mails or even giving a damn about your business unless he's making a substantial amount of money.

At this point, even if I do get the game from Super Sellers (or wind up being on the losing end), I won't be doing business from them again.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well I would just like to say I have never had any trouble hearing back from NCS or Super sellers. Ncs usally responds to me within 1-2 hours and super sellers within 2 days. Maybe it is because I email them from work. And I am always emailing them to confirm my orders (i'm just paranoid
smile.gif
)

Also as far as NCS prices being low. Well they offer fair prices. After all if neo carts were in such high demand and worth more then they are being offered for there would not be a surplus to pull from IMO. I think NCS is one of the best places to buy neo stuff from though.

[This message has been edited by Big Bruno (edited November 14, 2000).]

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Bomberman, I had the same thing happen to me with Supersellers and him doing a switch. I had thought this had been an honest mistake, but now I see its more of a pattern. He did the same thing with the email he did to you. He switched a World Heroes 2 for World Heroes 1. This was in my first order, mind you, I dont really care because I didnt have WH1, and the one he sent was in very good condition, but still.

If you have doubts about Supersellers, dont. He has his flaws(see above) but you get good stuff and he still hasnt let me down. NCS is great btw, Shawn and Fran's experinces are unfortunate, but I guess no one is perfect.

s2112d

Zero's Secretary
20 Year Member
I ordered about 10 neo cd's from Supersellers and they forgot to include Samurai Shodown 1, I e-mailed them and they responded about two days later. Today I received Samurai Spirits... So far so good.

Sal

C

Caris Nautilus

super sellers is SLOW as hell, But i did get my stuff from them after 4 weeks of ordering it, They must get your payment and just let it sit

VinylBoy

Why is everyone else having luck with SuperSellers, and I'm still continuing to live this nightmare...

Over a month, and over 20+ e-mails and STILL no response on my order!!!! grrrrrrr....

It's only because I've heard people said that they waited 2 months that I haven't tried to file for fraud...
frown.gif