Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

AlecRob

Banned
Yeah, kept selling out and coming back in stock at Amazon. Now, it's out.

I bought 8 of them (and 8 extra controllers).

Going to be a BIG NEO Christmas for family and friends!!
(Bet you thought I was keeping all 8)
Bigtymer, much? :p

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Plenty of US residents all over this, but what's the situation regarding this in the UK? (i.e. release/delivery dates etc).

Can this be pre-ordered here, or is it a case of importing it from the US for the time being? Also, is this currently being pre-ordered/sold in Japan too?

Sorry to sidetrack, however, most discussion/hype centralises around the US release and I haven't seen or heard a great deal about any other territories...

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Yeah, kept selling out and coming back in stock at Amazon. Now, it's out.

I bought 8 of them (and 8 extra controllers).

LOL Why does this not surprise me. Glad that your supporting the NGX like this.

War Pig

New Challenger
The availability at Target.com is new. I cancelled my Gamestop order because I wasn't going to be around. I found an address to ship to since :) so I preordered the system + an extra stick at Target. So I'm back on board!

slerch666

updyke,
Hello,

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on November 03, 2012 (Order# x). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"NEOGEO X GOLD Limited Edition"
Estimated arrival date: December 24, 2012

We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account www.amazon.com/youraccount at no additional cost.

Wow! They're not cutting it close to Xmas or anything. I wonder if they switched from UPS to Santa delivery. Hmm..
This shit is the reason I upgraded to next day shipping.

slerch666

updyke,
Pretty sure the dock + extra stick is the only way to multiplayer.

Still crossing my fingers for hard cases (and maybe NGPC games!)

Confirmed. You have to play on the dock w/ 2 sticks for multiplayer. Too bad they didn't add some wire or wireless function for connecting systems. Bastards.

slerch666

updyke,
Plenty of US residents all over this, but what's the situation regarding this in the UK? (i.e. release/delivery dates etc).

Can this be pre-ordered here, or is it a case of importing it from the US for the time being? Also, is this currently being pre-ordered/sold in Japan too?

Sorry to sidetrack, however, most discussion/hype centralises around the US release and I haven't seen or heard a great deal about any other territories...

Since someone else answered the UK question, here's the only answer for Japan (can't be ordered anywhere else, apparently):

http://www.amazon.co.jp/NEOGEO-GOLD...18SW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351587707&sr=8-1

you can find out more here:

http://neogeox.com/buy

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I'm looking forward to the system. It will be my first Neo Geo!! :drool:

The games probably will look better on an CRT monitor. Sucks that I gave mine away....but they were freaking heavy.

I really don't want to go back to them. Pondering if I should invest in one of these puppies instead:
http://www.solarisjapan.com/products/XRGB%252d3-Upscan-Converter-Unit-Micomsoft-%252d-English-Firmware.html

Looking to use it with my LED TV.

Anyone have any experiences with these XRGB devices? Are they worth the money?

I remembered playing my MVS on a LED widescreen TV and even changing the aspect it didnt look right and got a old TV again, this time though the LED TV will have to do.

On another note it really pisses me off the amount of times I have preordered something which becomes within 2 weeks of my reach only for it to get FKN delayed...... If its not here for Christmas when I will have time off work to actually play it at my leisure I will not be best pleased.

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
Just make sure you leave milk and cookies for Santa or he might keep it.

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on November 03, 2012 (Order# x). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"NEOGEO X GOLD Limited Edition"
Estimated arrival date: December 24, 2012

We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account www.amazon.com/youraccount at no additional cost.

Wow! They're not cutting it close to Xmas or anything. I wonder if they switched from UPS to Santa delivery. Hmm..

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
I was considering getting a Pocket game to tide me over the delay, but then I realized the cost of one could make up the difference for 1-Day shipping on the X! That made the decision easy, especially if cutting it that close could get it caught up in the Christmas orders.

Though my delay was a range between 21-24th.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Thanks for that info. I also have to say that it seems that Tommo must have bigger plans for this system than they're telling people. They put four shoulder buttons on the system. This seems completely pointless if they're only porting the neo geo aes games.

Think I watched a video on Gamespot and they were used for getting back to the menu.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
Think I watched a video on Gamespot and they were used for getting back to the menu.

Really? In the Gametrailers video (on the last page) he says they're used for Pausing and switching to the native resolution. The L2/R2 buttons don't seem to have any unique functions.
There's a Menu button on the left of the device.

Although the L1 and R1 buttons both have functions, the aspect ratio switch seemingly could have been built in to the Menu. The Menu already pauses as well.

Last edited:

smccd

New Challenger
Late?

I've just asked at my local Gamestop (in Ontario, Canada), and the release date moved to December 18.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
Really? In the Gametrailers video (on the last page) he says they're used for Pausing and switching to the native resolution. The L2/R2 buttons don't seem to have any unique functions.
There's a Menu button on the left of the device.

Although the L1 and R1 buttons both have functions, the aspect ratio switch seemingly could have been built in to the Menu. The Menu already pauses as well.

As someone alluded to before, this entire handheld was/is most likely off-the-shelf hardware originally meant for something else. That's fine by me. Having the extra bits (extra buttons, wide screen, etc.) means more possibilities for further development with the game library. Not only can we have the entire Neo Geo catalog of games, we also have the possibility/opportunity for future games which exploit those bonus features of the unit. If anything, we will most likely see the extra buttons and wide screen being used for all the hacked games that are sure to come. Would be nice to play MAME on it as well as all the other emulators that are out there.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I pre-ordered mine here in Ontario at GS, and am pretty excited. This could be the chance for a Neo resurgence, and to be honest, I'm more so buying this to do my part in showing SNKP that the fanbase is there and willing to support development on an SNKP platform. Lofty hopes, and maybe even pipe dreams, but SNKP seems to be testing us to see if we'll bite. Let's hope they do something interesting with this hardware.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I pre-ordered mine here in Ontario at GS, and am pretty excited. This could be the chance for a Neo resurgence, and to be honest, I'm more so buying this to do my part in showing SNKP that the fanbase is there and willing to support development on an SNKP platform. Lofty hopes, and maybe even pipe dreams, but SNKP seems to be testing us to see if we'll bite. Let's hope they do something interesting with this hardware.

Personally if there is a Neo resurgence I'd be afraid of sudden swells in all forms of Neo prices especially on ebay. Collectors trying to gouge and gullible people trying to play the original hardware without knowing fair price values. Depending on the reception there may be massive buyouts of product by people trying to capitalize at being on the better side of this arrangement as well..

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
If anything, we will most likely see the extra buttons and wide screen being used for all the hacked games that are sure to come. Would be nice to play MAME on it as well as all the other emulators that are out there.

And NGPC! But one distinction, is SDHC a standard now, even for devices that wouldn't be intended to use so much storage? It'd be a shame to be restricted to 4GB.
(assuming that the card slot is still for SD cards)

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Personally if there is a Neo resurgence I'd be afraid of sudden swells in all forms of Neo prices especially on ebay. Collectors trying to gouge and gullible people trying to play the original hardware without knowing fair price values. Depending on the reception there may be massive buyouts of product by people trying to capitalize at being on the better side of this arrangement as well..
*BINGO*

However, without such resurgences and future generations of NeoGeo enthusiasts being brought into the forefront, who are you/we/current NeoGeo gamers going to sell their collections onto when it's pension time? ;)

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Eh, I already got damn near all the MVS and NGPC carts I want, so I could care less about price jumps. I hope for a resurgence, just means a bigger pool of people that know how to play the games!

Yao

Quiz Detective
Delay affects Europe too. Just received a mail from Funstock (official seller in Europe) that Blaze informed them that release is pushed back to a yet unknown date in december. According to Blaze, the reason is this:
"The main reason is that the Micro Switch being used for the Arcade Stick, is from the original factory that made the Micro Switch for SNK twenty years ago. Their output of this key component has not been as fast as we had forecast."

As long as it arrives before christmas, I am okay with it...

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Delay affects Europe too. Just received a mail from Funstock (official seller in Europe) that Blaze informed them that release is pushed back to a yet unknown date in december. According to Blaze, the reason is this:
"The main reason is that the Micro Switch being used for the Arcade Stick, is from the original factory that made the Micro Switch for SNK twenty years ago. Their output of this key component has not been as fast as we had forecast."

As long as it arrives before christmas, I am okay with it...

I just received the same email, atleast they told us the reason, I was really hoping the date wasnt going to change for Europe.

it also said this........... We can confirm we will be the first company to get the NEOGEO X (nobody will get it sooner), due to our direct, official links with BLAZE. We shall ensure you are one of the first people on the planet to receive this much sought after system.
It has been agreed it would be unfair for any one territory to release the product before the others , so the simultaneous worldwide launch date has been put back to accommodate this.
It is important to us all that everyone is treated equally, worldwide

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Now that this thing appears to be a success I'd like a new TG-16 handheld device that also has a slot for the actual games. (A guy can dream can't he?)