Neo Turf Master problem.

deank93

n00b
Evening all,

I have a bit of a problem and am hoping someone may be able to help me out, I bought a copy of Neo turf masters and it arrived on Monday, i quickly stuck it in my CMVS to see if it worked and after a few attempts it did but as i had a lot on i didn't have time to have a play....Well, this evening the wife has gone to visit her parents which seemed like the perfect time to spend some time getting to know the game.

For some reason it didn't want to load up properly and i kept getting black and white cross hatches on the screen, occasionally it would show a distorted Neo Geo logo but was un playable, i took the cart apart as it was a bit of a tight fit in my console and after some fiddling around and giving the connections a good wipe it booted up so i though I'd have a quick go.

As I was playing in one player mode i can only choose stroke play, once i have selected my player, my course and it has shown me the hole I'm about to play it goes to the tee ready to start the game but 5 seconds the words 'HURRY UP' flash up swiftly followed by 'SLOW PLAY' and i get hit with a 1 shot penalty, It does that several times then tells me i have to quit the hole and that's it, game over?!? I don't get time to adjust for wind, select a club, move my stance, nothing!

I've opened the cart and noticed there is not SNK logo on the boards, I've also made a visual comparison to scan pictures of the boards and mine appear different, do all MVS legit carts have the logo on them or am i just being stupid and not doing something simple?

thanks in advance.

deank93

n00b
My boards don't have the same chip layout as that nor do they have an SNK logo on them.

I'll try the boards in the slots.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sounds like you need to clear your backup ram.

No cart>Flip dip 1>Power on>Keep pressing start>Clear Backup ram screen>Hold A+B+C to clear ram.

If you have no access to the hard dips and have a unibios you can press B+C+D at the Unibios splash and select hardware test.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
At the risk of sounding a fool...you've lost me a little.

Assuming it's a well made boot it should still play fine. If it a dare I say "quality" boot then it could be you just need to clear your backup ram.

If it's a crap boot then put it in the bin.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
If you have no access to the hard dips and have a unibios you can press B+C+D at the Unibios splash and select hardware test.
How would it be possible for someone to not have access to them?

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
People actually cover the DIPs up? The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Why would you leave them exposed? That would look retarded on an enclosed system.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
If you're gonna cover the switches, might as well cover up the joystick ports and the cartridge slot too :lol:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you're gonna cover the switches, might as well cover up the joystick ports and the cartridge slot too :lol:

How often do you flip your hard dips on/off? If you flip them that often you might as well leave everything open.

deank93

n00b
Is it possible that someone can confirm that if the boards in my cart don't look exactly like the one's pictured and don't have an SNK stamp on them then it is 100% a boot copy.

I've double checked the text in the ebay add and the seller states that it is an original cart, at least i might have somme come back.

Thanks.

jew90

Geese's Thug
Is it possible that someone can confirm that if the boards in my cart don't look exactly like the one's pictured and don't have an SNK stamp on them then it is 100% a boot copy.

I've double checked the text in the ebay add and the seller states that it is an original cart, at least i might have somme come back.

Thanks.

The 'dont have an SNK stamp' is worrying.

can you take some pictures of the boards (both sides?) and post them up

deank93

n00b
I've not used photobucket in years...I'll have a go and see if i can remember how the heck it works.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.

Thanks.

Can you lnk to the add?

jew90

Geese's Thug
Wow dejavu

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59444

Read this thread from 2003

lo all, recently bought this neo turf masters on ebay for £8.50 (about $13us) - the seller listed it as a possible sound fault but admitted he knew very little about mvs. I happily bought it at such a cheap price... cleaned it up, it works fine. All black case and seemingly original label, serial number 000950. Anyway, I opened it up and it appears to be a boot;

was sold on ebay in 2003 as posisbly faulty.. buyer cleaned it up and it worked.

deank93

n00b
Wow dejavu

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59444

Read this thread from 2003

was sold on ebay in 2003 as posisbly faulty.. buyer cleaned it up and it worked.

Blimey, this cart has done the rounds then.

I'm assuming that the chap selling wasn't aware as he has sold quite a lot and has zero negative feedback.

I've popped him a message so I'll see what happens.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

deank93

n00b
Bugger....it looks like this cart has been doing the rounds for some time, the seller sounds a decent fella and his feedback looked very good, loads of sales and zero negative feedback.

I've sent him a message so hopefully i should hear back pretty soon.

ghibben

Zero's Secretary
Is it the same cart? Or is the maker just sticking the same label on all of them?

jew90

Geese's Thug
It's certainly possible that the original maker of the cart knocked out more than one with the same serial number.

However, since this one is in the UK and is also faulty it's probably that it is the same cartridge that was sold 7 years ago..

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Bugger....it looks like this cart has been doing the rounds for some time, the seller sounds a decent fella and his feedback looked very good, loads of sales and zero negative feedback.

I've sent him a message so hopefully i should hear back pretty soon.

He should, if he's decent, offer you a refund:).
If not report it to ebay :D