Neo Turf Masters, Metal Slug Conversions, KOF 98

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have finally decided to sell my 12 year old Neo collection. I guess there comes a point when changes in life make other details moot and that includes this. I've sold the majority of my collection except my Jeff Kurtz modded console and 3 games.

I understand conversions have historically been frowned upon here but unfortunately I couldn't afford these two games in their original forms and wanted to play them on a Neo, not emulated.

Neo Turf Masters conversion performed by Jeff Kurtz - $300

Metal Slug conversion. Now, I can't remember the member's name but I specifically asked for a custom insert as I never wanted it to be confused with an original. He is a longtime member and I remember that he was Mexican, living in the States but I just can't remember his name :( - $300

King of Fighters '98 JPN with English Insert. I wanted all my games to have English inserts so I had this very high quality insert made by another member of the forums. Unfortunately, I stored the original JPN insert in a place where humidity got to it and ruined it, despite it being protected. - $120

Youtube video of all three games running on the modded console:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1nXQFWBrsc

Anyone who's interested in all 3 games can have them for $600 + Shipping.

Now, here is my issue. I can't accept paypal in Argentina and can only accept money transfer via Western Union but I have no problem preshipping the games to known and respected members so they can check/test them before paying. Only on this forum have I ever dealt with trustworthy people.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Now, here is my issue. I can't accept paypal in Argentina and can only accept money transfer via Western Union but I have no problem preshipping the games to known and respected members so they can check/test them before paying. Only on this forum have I ever dealt with trustworthy people.

:snack:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
Heh, JMKurtz used to do conversions. That's like a priest who was a former gangster.

Yeah, Western Union means no sales. Also, conversions of games officially released on AES are not allowed to be sold on here for any reason, such as Metal Slug and NTM. A conversion that's A-OK would be Neo Drift Out, or Neo Bomberman.

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Guess I should have asked about any selling etiquettes that may have changed on the boards since last I sold here. And I have already sold games through WU, preshipping them to known members first, without incident.

Whether Jeff no longer does conversions is irrelevant, it's just for the buyer to know who the author was based on craftsmanship.

Also, I don't understand why it's perfectly fine to kill an AES cart for an MVS only game but not for the rest. My conversions would NEVER be confused with the real thing, if that's your point.

Regardless, I'll speak to a mod about my thread, make sure I'm not breaking any rules. Thanks for the heads up.

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Why can't you accept PayPal?

Because in Argentina they won't cash it into an account. Only a similar form called MercadoPago is accpetable, which is used in Mercado Libre, basically a south american sister site of Ebay. In this country they only give me hell to receive payment like this and the only one I found would work was WU. But I have no problem finding any other form of payment which would be mutually acceptable. If any other member here who lives in South America can chime in, I'd love to hear alternatives.

I know full well WU is not liked by members here, which is why I have no problem shipping the games first and accepting payment AFTER the seller has received and thoroughly inspected the package to his/her satisfaction. Of course, not to just ANY member, but those who I know or have been historically trustworthy.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
Guess I should have asked about any selling etiquettes that may have changed on the boards since last I sold here. And I have already sold games through WU, preshipping them to known members first, without incident.

Boy have they changed.

Whether Jeff no longer does conversions is irrelevant, it's just for the buyer to know who the author was based on craftsmanship.

I just thought it was amusing is all.

Also, I don't understand why it's perfectly fine to kill an AES cart for an MVS only game but not for the rest. My conversions would NEVER be confused with the real thing, if that's your point.

It's because the neo-geo.com staff decided they did not want to facilitate the sale of bootlegs, no matter how far off they are from the real thing. It's not hard for someone to swap out the insert and sticker for legit looking ones. You can't fake an MVS exclusive conversion because there's no original to fake, that's why they're fine to sell here.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I'd put my both hands on fire for Argentina94.

I'm sure buster_broon and/or Tarma would do so.

There's absolutely NOTHING fishy about this guy here.
Really one of the top guys who's been away from the boards.

deal with confidence.

Sal, I have a Japanese original KOF98 insert if you wanna make it 100% Jap authentic.

Last edited:

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It's because the neo-geo.com staff decided they did not want to facilitate the sale of bootlegs, no matter how far off they are from the real thing. It's not hard for someone to swap out the insert and sticker for legit looking ones. You can't fake an MVS exclusive conversion because there's no original to fake, that's why they're fine to sell here.

Fair enough, but I never considered selling to anyone who is not a well known member here and those who are, would never consider such a thing. Far too many names to list. But it doesn't change that I see your point.

Here is the link to my previous selling thread here, which is similar. Again, it's 4 years old and I was unaware of any rule changes.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...mes-for-Sale&p=2811373&viewfull=1#post2811373

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'd put my both hands on fire for Argentina94.

I'm sure buster_broon and/or Tarma would do so.

There's absolutely NOTHING fishy about this guy here.
Really on of the top guys who's been away from the boards.

deal with confidence.

Sal, I have a Japanese original KOF98 insert if you wanna make it 100% Jap authentic.

Like I said via PM, let me check the shipping here and get back to you tomorrow, Rui. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just PMed Biomotor Unitron regarding the thread and asked him to close it if I'm overstepping the forum rules.