New GP2X ftw

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I kinda agree, Jedah. Looks probably more functional than the PSP d pad though. :lolz: (unless we're talking about the slim. D pads nice on that thing.)

Fighter123

Banned
I'm thinking about buying this in the future.

How's CPS2/MAME and Vertical shooters on the GP handhelds?

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
I have an original GP2X(The First Edition model). I like it quite a bit personally. Neo Geo on it runs fairly smooth and so do Pulstar and so does Metal Slug and Blazing Star.

I also play PC-Engine on it and that runs nice. If it wasnt for the crappy "analog" stick on the older models the system would be very nice.

I hate to admit this but I think PSP emulation is just a bit better. I have used both.

The GP2X is a definite great 2D hand held machine...but the small battery life and crappy analog really hurt it.

I hope to in the future upgrade to that newer model...it looks quite nice. For now however...the older model GP2X is good enough :)

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
OMG they still fucked up the controls. It reminds me of the Wonderswan, but more pointless this time around. Playing Pocket Fighter on a Wonderswan is tedious with that kinda control scheme (still doable though).

I had a Gen 1 (I sold it to get money for a laptop), and while I do miss it, the controller was always a limit as to how much fun I got out of it. You can "get used to it", but A) that can only go so far, since it's still crap to begin with, and B) you shouldn't have a stupid flaw like this for such an expensive device.

The touchscreen could be pretty cool though. I've seen some nice games on PDAs and the DS that are pretty good with using a touchscreen.

edit: BTW, I find it kinda sad that they tout being able to read comic books on a screen of only 320x240 pixels. You'll have to do a lot of scrolling, though I guess it would be easier with the touchscreen. Still, it's not that fun. I had some manga on my PDA (with a screen with the same resolution) for a while and ended up deleting it, since there isn't a good way to convey that much prerendered information on such a small screen.

Last edited: