New Market Rule. Photos required for arcade cabinets.

SSS

neo retired
After reading through some of the recent cabs for sale CF's created by some lazy mouth breathers. This seems like a good idea. You could expand this for any high ticket item I guess, but definitely seems necessary for arcade cabs.

If they're too lazy to post pics, then why should Shawn expend the effort and host their shitty sales thread?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
How about hiding the marketplace from the 2011 huggies roaches that pop up everytime someone makes a half-interesting neo selling thread?

And +1 of course.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
How about hiding the marketplace from the 2011 huggies roaches that pop up everytime someone makes a half-interesting neo selling thread?

And +1 of course.

also keep 'em from necrobumping dead sales threads. "ooh! i want that ninja combat you are selling from 6 years ago for $20! is it still available?"

is that possible?

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
How recent should the pictures have to be? Within a week? Month? I would expect a good salesperson would take a picture the day they want to post the shit...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
How recent should the pictures have to be? Within a week? Month? I would expect a good salesperson would take a picture the day they want to post the shit...

panda, i wholeheartdly agree, if im selling you get a pic the day of the thread, every phone made in the past 3 years has a camera on it!!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
panda, i wholeheartdly agree, if im selling you get a pic the day of the thread, every phone made in the past 3 years has a camera on it!!

i say its ok as long as a pic goes up within 24 hours of a post. ive made threads when i wasnt home before and put up pics when i got home. no one had a problem with it. I just add where the pic goes "pic will be up tonight" and everyone is cool with that.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Honestly, I think it should be a requirement that users post pictures of the items they're listing for sale, no matter what.

This is 2012. Everyone has or has access to a digital camera of some sort and there are tons of free host sites out there.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

A picture with the newspaper of that day.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member

And +1 of course.

I agree with the thread's idea, but not this broad stroke elitist idea that punishes anyone new to the ownership because of when they join an internet forum. It's the intent and content that counts, not the fact that you've been here longer. I really want to hope you're just jaded or joking in some way Doctor Shroom.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Honest sellers got burned by noobs before and its going to happen again sooner or later.
If you're just here to scoop some shit then move your ass back to ebay because you're not contributing anything to this community, thats my opinion.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I agree with the thread's idea, but not this broad stroke elitist idea that punishes anyone new to the ownership because of when they join an internet forum. It's the intent and content that counts, not the fact that you've been here longer. I really want to hope you're just jaded or joking in some way Doctor Shroom.

new folk have to pay their dues. calm down and relax, buddy. if you want to add to the community, thats awesome and you will be welcomed without any problems. if you look there are some noobs here that have a "huggies" logo attached to their profile and thats who dr shroom is talking about. those guys are necrobumping old threads and doing other things that are frowned upon here.

sit back and earn your stripes, trenog. add to the community. if you want to do some business here too, then go for it! its encouraged. just dont go accusing good veteran members of being elitist when they are just looking out for the best interests of the board. the topic of this thread has been a long time coming, man.

welcome to the boards, enjoy the ride.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I really want to hope you're just jaded or joking in some way Doctor Shroom.

Nope, he is dead serious. Whats wrong with waiting a month and reaching a small post count before viewing the marketplace. Unless of course your plan is to just leech from the marketplace. You waited over a decade to join the site, whats another month and 30 posts, eh? It is not even a current rule, just something that has been suggested and may or may not even come about as an actual change.

Last edited:

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Honest sellers got burned by noobs before and its going to happen again sooner or later.
If you're just here to scoop some shit then move your ass back to ebay because you're not contributing anything to this community, thats my opinion.

If it was ever as bad as you say then I'll agree with you that precautions need to be made to prevent people from being a PM away from taking a sale away from an honest member and flipping it to the ebay market. For me, I got into the Neo Geo scene fast and hard. I quickly went from contemplating, to buying a cab, to owning 12 mvs titles in less than two months, with all the purchases happening in a small one month time frame. If my joining the community the moment I had an interest in buying cool games at great deals had been deflected because I hadn't posted in another part of the forums for a time, I wouldn't feel as positively about getting into owning neo geo games and trying to interact with the forum.

I like the idea of an open and welcoming Neo Geo community and I want to be a part of that.

Sorry Doctor Shroom if I've come off too strong in the process of presenting those thoughts

Last edited:

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
trenog said:
If my joining the community the moment I had an interest in buying cool games at great deals had been deflected because I hadn't posted in another part of the forums for a time, I wouldn't feel as positively about getting into owning neo geo games and trying to interact with the forum.

Thing is, someone that wants good deals before interacting with the community has no intention of interacting with the community. If not being able to use the marketplace is a deal breaker for being involved here, then what level of involvement is that individual ever likely to have?

You're looking at this from the user's perspective, rather than the community perspective. There is absolutely zero advantage to the members of this forum to grant marketplace access to people that contribute nothing otherwise. None.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
I've been here since 2006 and the only thing I contribute is the sex. Why am I still here?

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Thing is, someone that wants good deals before interacting with the community has no intention of interacting with the community. If not being able to use the marketplace is a deal breaker for being involved here, then what level of involvement is that individual ever likely to have?

You're looking at this from the user's perspective, rather than the community perspective. There is absolutely zero advantage to the members of this forum to grant marketplace access to people that contribute nothing otherwise. None.

Yeah...I know :(

I wanna at least shoutout to those community members who took me at my word that I wanted to game and not to play games against them. You guys were awesome and from the games coming in so far, glad to see them so quality!

I've been here since 2006 and the only thing I contribute is the sex. Why am I still here?

Man's got urges DarkSaibot...

Last edited:

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Yeah I'm all for the "pics required" idea.

I lawl at the people who sell games and items worth hundreds of dollars, and insist they cant invest $50 for a decent digital camera. Most cell phones now have a camera built in...even cheap shitty ones... and most of us have these things called friends(except me) who can take a picture for us in the worst case...so there's really no excuse for no pictures in this day and age.

Then there's the japanese shops who refuse to take pictures...they are just annoying...

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.

Yeah aggreed, or should have the capability to post one if asked :)

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I hate it when ppl go on a commenting spree and post smiley faces under a bunch of threads just to get their post count up so they can make a new thread themselves. Our Kern position has been filled for a while, thx.