New Neo Geo Bomber Man game???

Ill6

Marked Wolf
Anyone know anything about Treius statement in the arcadeshock news page about this:

'There will also be a "new" title that Bomberman fans will love, with much better gameplay and graphics and overall fun compared to the Neo's Bomberman.'

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
I just noticed it says "a new title that Bomberman fans will love" not a necessarily a new Bomberman title.

parodius

n00b
NeoFight said:
I just noticed it says "a new title that Bomberman fans will love" not a necessarily a new Bomberman title.

Actually "new" is double-quotted in the original sentence.
I wonder what this means...

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Looks like this game is Balloon & Balloon by Apple Industries:

http://appleindustries.net/

Arcadeshock will have it in stock tomorrow:

http://www.arcadeshock.com/custom.asp?Page_Id=50&Store_id/126

JAMMA, non-MVS:

Balloon and Balloon (Bomberman type game with superior graphics and gameplay); size of jamma board is equivalent to a Neo Geo cartridge. Comes complete and new with jamma board, large marquee, 2 bezel move stickers, instruction manual, anti-static bag, bubble bag. Those interested can check the link here:

http://appleindustries.net/

Price will be a reasonable $149.00 each (12 full kits arriving). If you're a Bomberman fan, you will be hooked on this game. You select from different characters from the get go, battling your way through lush backgrounds and unique and awesome power ups.

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Too bad that it's justa Jamma board.
I mean, it's fine and all but I really wish it would have been in a cart format.

Has anyone actually played this game before anyhow?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Come on, it's not that hard to swap a JAMMA board, that's what JAMMA was made for. I guess that if they had tried to release it in cart format they should have paid SNKP for the license, and at the same time they would have made an open invitation to bootleggers to copy their game. I guess they had some protection put in that JAMMA board.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Is this game based on the mvs board like SVsS first was? or just Jamma?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I think it is not based at all in the MVS, I don't see any SNK copyright anywhere, and if it was the JAMMA pcb should be bigger than a MVS cart. Not to mention the bootlegging issue if this was the case.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Although it is a blatant Bomberman ripoff, it looks fun. I'd have loved to seen it get a MVS release, but as said, there is no indication that this is running on MVS hardware, and I'd guess it probably isn't. So, as a odd JAMMA board... looks cool, maybe when it hits the bargin basement price (around $30-45) I'll snatch it up for some multiplayer fun.

Freelancer

Banned
It's not running on any Neo hardware whatsoever.
I think the reason that Trieu is selling this is basically due to the fact that it's an EOLITH developed product, and as Neo fans should know, Eolith produced KOF 2001 and KOF2002.

sonofx51

If you're even THINKING about TRADING with this us
Its a fun game, very cutesy. I really think all Bomberman fans will love it. Its been out in Korea for a long time and has done super well there. I like the music in the game.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Harry_Hearttrob said:
Anyone order it yet? Looks really cool.....I wonder how many Arcadeshock will be getting in stock?

Amano Jacu said:
Price will be a reasonable $149.00 each (12 full kits arriving).

Linky
Looks like there are 11 in stock now, so one was already sold. I love that JAMMA pcb, t is so small... :buttrock: I might get one if the price drops in the future.

CarlDMC

Tung's Hair,
Darn. :angry:

I was hoping they'd make a 4 player version.

Does anyone know if Atomic Punk is 4-player? KLOV says it is, but I haven't found any pinouts, and the Japanese version is only 2-player.