New Square-Enix RPG... for iPhone: 'Chaos Rings'

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
cr.jpg

official website and trailer

touchArcade.com article

IGN article

"This planned 3D RPG is not a port of an existing game, but it does have some well-known Square names behind its development, such as Yusuke Naora, who designed characters for Final Fantasy VII."

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
iPhone//iPod touch "games" are not games - they're something to do while on the potty or waiting for a root canal.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
iPhone//iPod touch "games" are not games - they're something to do while on the potty or waiting for a root canal.

Greg, shut up. Seriously. Shut your stupid hole until you find out what the fuck you are talking about.

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
Wow, that looks surprisingly well done. Not saying that squenix's previous ipod efforts were terrible, just that they certainly weren't done to that calibre.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
That looks pretty fooking cool.

I think I may be willing to pay even full release price for it.

I see that Across Age has dropped to $5.99 — and they say updates have fixed the controls, so it's helluva tempting now.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That looks pretty fooking cool.

I think I may be willing to pay even full release price for it.

I see that Across Age has dropped to $5.99 — and they say updates have fixed the controls, so it's helluva tempting now.
That does look pretty cool, and I love classic Zelda.

How does it compare to Zenonia? Zenonia is only $2.99, and I bet it's going to drop again when the sequel hits.

bokmeow

That does look pretty cool, and I love classic Zelda.

How does it compare to Zenonia? Zenonia is only $2.99, and I bet it's going to drop again when the sequel hits.

I'll post reviews of it after I buy it tonight. I didn't much like Zenonia, often got trapped and stuck somewhere behind an object, it was just a pain in the fooking butt.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'll post reviews of it after I buy it tonight. I didn't much like Zenonia, often got trapped and stuck somewhere behind an object, it was just a pain in the fooking butt.

Thanks for the heads up. I only tried the free version of Zenonia. I liked what there was of it, but there really wasn't enough in the preview to form an opinion of (although there was enough for me to feel like I could already guess the ending of the story). Trailer for the sequel looks good, though.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
yeah Zenonia was stupid. This one looks good. I might buy it tonight.

bokmeow

I bought Across Age last night and played through the Cave of Trials so far. The game doesn't go heavily into exposition in the beginning, but I expect the story will pick up soon. I didn't know they had breast enlargement procedures in a fantasy RPG setting — them's some fugly basketballs grafted onto Ceska's teacher. Controls aren't as spastic as Zenonia, talking to people doesn't require you to be facing them head-on, and combat is great, Y's style, by diagonally ramming into opponents. I highly recommend this very accessible RPG.

Looks better than I expected, but I wonder how it will be priced. I don't have an iphone/itouch, but I know there are an extraordinary amount of independently made games and programs and will all the competition the prices on games can get pretty cheap (as you guys are mentioning above). I remember hearing that the full version of GTA China Town Wars was not only better than DS/PSP versions, but also only like $6.

I wonder if Square will decide to make this multi-platform or not, though it doesn't seem like their thing really. Interesting nonetheless