New Streets of Rage leaked footage

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
This was cancelled, but some video made it online. Was going to be downloadable.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Presentation and intros looked great. The game play itself looked boring and slow. Probably would have been a pretty pathetic SoR game, but the window dressing sure was nice.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Gameplay looks like it is in early to mid development. It also looks pretty faithful to the Original trilogy, albeit in 3D.

Sad it was cancelled.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Presentation and intros looked great. The game play itself looked boring and slow. Probably would have been a pretty pathetic SoR game, but the window dressing sure was nice.
^THIS...
also, this is the sort of gameplay that occurs when PPL who don't really know how to make legendary beat em ups, and only third person action titles, gets landed with the SOR license...

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Whew...good riddance...

That was bad. Streetwise bad.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Whew...good riddance...

That was bad. Streetwise bad.

haha. i instantly thought of Streetwise. i wanted to love that game so bad. this would've been identical.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Its a good thing it was cancelled. That looked hideous. If they do SOR over again, it must be a side scroller.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Its a good thing it was cancelled. That looked hideous. If they do SOR over again, it must be a side scroller.
^^ Agreed!
When are publishers/developers going to realize that the best way to remake these games is by retaining the essence of them, while updating the art!! Bionic Commando: Rearmed is an excellent example of this. Make it play like the classics, but add a simple newer update to the gameplay, widescreen support, and dress it up in 3D artwork (aka 2.5D).

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
SoR1&2 are in my top10 all-time favorites

I read somewhere last year that PSX fighting force was alledgedly supposed to be a 3D SoR. I remember playing this when it came out back in the day & thoroughly enjoying it.

SoR should be left alone IMO.

However, if anyone does re-make it I'd like to see it get the Batman AC treatment.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Its in my top 5. I think the guys who designed the remake version had the right idea. Same go's for the fan remake of sonic. You could dress it up like opt2not mentioned with some hd graphics, but I think making it a full 3d game will slow it down and make it look ugly. You could probably get away with some SFIITHDR type art on a smaller scale. I would leave SOR123 alone and just make a brand new game with a different story, maybe add some new characters. SOR4 Maybe??

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Aside from the art style, it seemed very nice to me.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's

Yup. But it's got to be all sprites in 2D. No polygon characters or background. Keep it old school.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Thank god this was cancelled.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I would have cancelled that as well

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
They need to go ahead and just release that SOR Remake that dude made that got yanked a year or 2 ago. Just cut the guy a check instead of suing him and put the game up for $4.99.

Like they did with the Sonic CD upgrade, which is fucking awesome.

Better than anything Sega will ever do themselves with the IP.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
to be totally honest I think beat em ups are one classic gaming genre that actually are improved in 3d, I mean it hasn't been done well very much in a traditional streets of rage style, but generally beat em ups are 2d games that attempt emulate 3d gameplay anyway.

That being said, this game doesn't look like it's being made by the right group of people.... but something like spikeout and godhand or even ninja gaiden or devil may cry would do the streets of rage name justice just fine IMO. Yeah this game looks kinda wack, but more because it looks like a generic western game developed by people who don't understand the finer points of a combat system, than just not being sprite based.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Ugh...looked like the FMV from a PS1 game. If a dev can't do SoR right, it needs to be left alone.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Good riddance. And why does Sega have to outsource another company to develop SoR anyways?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Well then it's just going to come out like shit whether it gets outsourced or not. It doesn't really make a difference.

SSS

neo retired
Sega's been outsourcing titles for a good while.. Look at Sumo Digital's releases

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Look at Sumo Digital's releases
From my experience, although all racing games, they have all been excellent! Perhaps they should get WayForward to do a SOR remake or something?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Good beat em up style play in 3d? Yakuza series.

Curt

apostate
I thought the visuals looked great. I liked the explosions and the glowing neon level indicators. I would have downloaded it.