New to the Neo Geo videogames high rollers elite club ^_^

Gabrius

New Challenger
YES - I can finally make my own threads!!

So, I finally did it a few weeks ago - I got my 1st arcade cab. What else but a MVS-2 would be as fitting? I have wanted a Neo-Geo FOREVER, I remember as a child just knowing that it was something unattainable. Sure, the console might have been a little pricey.... but the games, I can still remember my dad laughing @ my wanting one once he found out the price of carts.

Well, now I'm all grown up, and can do whatever the hell I wanna with my fight monay!!!!!!

Here she is:

200xqiq.jpg

Found it on craigslist - monitor is supposedly freshly serviced, as were the buttons and sticks. Came with Aero Fighters 2, SamSho, Baseball Stars, and a 150-in-1 multicart. Delivered to my door for $450. How did I do?

I've already done some cleanup on the PCB (it was diiiiiirty), and noticed the slightest bit of green around the neg clip on the battery - something I will be replacing once I am comfortable enough with my solder skills - I'm just learning how to do this now. The memory card slot is probably dead as I found a piece of a glass bottle wedged inside while cleaning (WTF is wrong with American arcade goers?) So far, my PC building and newly found Fightstick modding skills have come in handy.... but I really need to add soldering to my repertoire.

So, what else do I need to know as a newbie?

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
first thing is to stop using the term fight stick. it's an arcade stick for christ sake. -_-' i'll never forgive mad catz for coining that term.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
So, what else do I need to know as a newbie?

Really this is too broad a question. You'll find a TON of great information on the forums if you search, as well as on sites like hardmvs and the real bob roberts.

I would suggest trying stuff out and asking specific questions as you come to them.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
You should definitely know that the sound on multislot MVS boards is not wired up standard, if you plug a JAMMA board in to that cab without an appropriate adapter you could well blow the power amp on it.

The first thing I'd do when buying a cab is to measure the +5v and adjust it if needed. Most cab owners seem to be too stupid to do this for some reason.

Last edited: