NG to DC Converter

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
Is there such a device for this particular controller conversion? I would really like to be able to play Fast Striker the way it's meant to be played (once released).

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You could probably just hack the controller. I've seen someone put a DB15 on the back of the DC controller to plug a Neo stick into it.

Fett

Camel Slug
Any Japanese controllers are prety easy to hack, they all use pretty standard parts. It's the damned Microsoft controllers that are a bitch to mess with.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I use a Neo->Playstation and then a PS->DC that works great. Buttons map out fine and doesn't feel all laggy.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
I use a Neo->Playstation and then a PS->DC that works great. Buttons map out fine and doesn't feel all laggy.

This sounds like the best solution. I really am not up for any modifying but the suggestions were appreciated. Thanks for the info!

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member

Then, theoretically, couldn't one use a PS2 Neo stick and a PS->DC? That would at least omit the hacking.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
It should work, but what "hacking" do you speak of?

Oh I'm lunchin'. I was thinking about the earlier post, talking about wiring the connector on.

Didn't realize it was about daisy chaining adapters together. Reminds me of when I used to use a PS->Xbox adapter and a Xbox->PC adapter to use my PS wheel on the PC. I used to try to hook every adapter to every other one.

VGUG.COM

Crazed MVS Addict
I took my extra NG stick and opened up the thing and wired the insides up wit a DC controller and plugged in a memory card, put the NG stick back together and BAM a NG stick that work on DC and even has memory card support!

I am debating on selling my Capcom Vs SNK Arcade sticks that I never opened...

Anthony817

n00b
VGUG, do you have any pictures? I would love to see what it looks like. What would you say is better though, the Neo joystick or the Dreamcast one made by Ascii?

Also, what do you think would be cheaper to get? I am a Dreamcast gamer so, $70 for the offical arcade stick is a decent price.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
VGUG, do you have any pictures? I would love to see what it looks like. What would you say is better though, the Neo joystick or the Dreamcast one made by Ascii?

Also, what do you think would be cheaper to get? I am a Dreamcast gamer so, $70 for the offical arcade stick is a decent price.
The Neo stick modded with Japanese arcade parts is the best joystick.

The Dreamcast is very good, but hardly arcade quality. Believe these sticks are also quite suitable for modding though.

VGUG.COM

Crazed MVS Addict

I'll try to have pics Tuesday.

for the Capcom Vs SNK I def prefer the neo stick I converted. Also for Last Blade and Mark Of The Wolves.

The Ascii sticks are awesome! Prefered for every othe fighting game or arced style game on the DC