NGCD Control Pad - Comparable to what?

ericb

NEST Puppet
I'm considering picking up a NGCD control pad to use with my AES, but I've never used one before so I'm just trying to get an idea of what it feels like, and if I'm better off getting a stick. I have a new style stick right now, and I need a second controller badly, so I'm just exploring my options. Are the buttons similar to those of a Saturn pad, or... something else? Also, is the stick all clicky like the NGPC? Any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
if you're really comfortable with sticks, then best bet is to just go that way since the NEO pad is an acquired taste...

the rotary control isn't quite as clicky as the NEO Pocket's but it's more or less the same thing and the buttons are fairly durable...thing is though, most people have a hard time using it effectively for fighters, so that may be something you wanna consider...

I've always been a pad user for home play so it's perfect for me but definitely consider those factors before settling on a NEO pad

ericb

NEST Puppet
Thanks Kazuki, that's what I needed to hear. I'm thinking I'm probably going to pick up an old style stick when I have the cash. Thanks again.

Curt

apostate
I really like to use the NGCD pad when playing the Metal Slug games.

For fighters, go with a stick.

johnno15

Super Spy Agent
CurtWRX said:
I really like to use the NGCD pad when playing the Metal Slug games.

For fighters, go with a stick.

Im the same the pad is really good for games like metal slug but it just isnt built for fighters its still worth getting though IMO :rolleyes:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
ericb said:
I'm considering picking up a NGCD control pad to use with my AES, but I've never used one before so I'm just trying to get an idea of what it feels like, and if I'm better off getting a stick. I have a new style stick right now, and I need a second controller badly, so I'm just exploring my options. Are the buttons similar to those of a Saturn pad, or... something else? Also, is the stick all clicky like the NGPC? Any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
If your use to controll pads then get a pair of, Sega Saturn controllers to be modded.
If your use to joysticks then stay with the original NeoGeo joysticks.

Skip the NGCD pad it's not worth the trouble :p

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I say it feels a bit like a SNES controller, which is the best controller ever IMO. I think the CD pads are pretty good for the SS and LB series', but for some reason I can't getting into using it for KOF. Especially 2003, which it's a bitch trying to hit BC with it. :make_fac: