NGCD issues games/disc/covers etc

DeusVult

Another Striker
i recently purchased some NGCD games and some weird things going on, i was wondering if these are real and does anyone know of any other similar issues with other games

i bought ngcd aero fighters 3 USA version and when it loads up the title screen says sonic fighters 3

also got a ninja commando USA version but the disc inside is japanese disc, looking into it it seems that no USA disc was printed

also i got a KoF98 USA and it all looks good except the japanese neo geo symbol is on the bottom right of the rear cover, rest is in english

are these okay? ill add pictures later

Attachments

• cdissue1.jpg
    cdissue1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 28
  • cdissue2.jpg
    cdissue2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 28
  • cdissue3.jpg
    cdissue3.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 28
  • cdissue4.jpg
    cdissue4.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 28
  • cdissue5.jpg
    cdissue5.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 28
  • cdissue6.jpg
    cdissue6.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

DeusVult

Another Striker
iam using a CDz, i have a region switch on it and it is set for english.

ill have a look through those links.

cheers

DeusVult

Another Striker

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Ah OK, then you obviously knew that, sorry.
Pics would be great, especially the inner ring of the CDs themselves. Most should have some ID in there saying neo Geo I believe.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That Aero Fighters 3 is puzzling, it should definitely not say Sonic Wings if your cdz is in English mode. Everything else sounds pretty normal, although I do not have us versions of those games to personally verify. I do have plenty of other games that have the US case/JP disc thing going on.

DeusVult

Another Striker
pictures up, I have included a baseball screenshot to show my system is on USA English setting.

all the ID numbers on aero fighters 3 match up manual, cd top and number on the inner cd.

also all my ngcd USA games have NEO GEO bottom right like the picture so KoF98 is the first to have the Japanese logo on it although that does appear to
be correct

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I vaguely remember AF3 Neo CD only has the Sonic Wings title screen. But I can't find any verification on that anywhere.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
ninja commando US have a Jap CD
for the aero fighters 3 on a CDZ US you should have
sonicwi3.png

you should have an Europe mode and not US, the euro title have the same of the jap

Last edited:

DeusVult

Another Striker
I still got my Japanese copy of sonic wings 3, both load up the same, took a look in the manuals and noticed that aero fighters 3 has a blank space for the title screen image and on the second image the background says sonic wings 3 the same in both manuals

Attachments

• af3.jpg
    af3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 21
  • af31.jpg
    af31.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 21

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Yeap it's very commun to have the Jap screen shoot in the US version